Isles Try to Get Back in Win Column Versus Titan
With another two points on the line, the Charlottetown Islanders make their way to Bathurst to take on the Acadie-Bathurst Titan while looking to get back in the win column.
The Islanders (12-7-3-0) have lost two straight and three of their last four games, including a 3-2 defeat at the hands of the Moncton Wildcats on Thursday night. Despite the loss head coach Jim Hulton was happy with his team's efforts in the game, saying that although a few tough bounces went against them, they fought until the end.
Thomas Casey made a triumphant return to the line-up, recording a goal in the first period. The Charlottetown native had missed the previous four games with an upper-body injury. Casey now has 14 points in 18 games this season. His speed and versatility had been sorely missed in a lineup that at one point was missing seven roster players.
Meanwhile in Bathurst, the Titan (2-13-3-3) finally found their way into the win column on November 8th with a 5-3 victory over the Wildcats. With another victory over the Gatineau Olympiques in their last game, the Titan have recorded five of a possible eight points in their last four games.
The Titan captain, Shaun Element, has been the straw that's stirring the drink offensively for his team; he's recorded six goals in six November games, including a hat trick in Bathurst's win over Gatineau. Another pleasant surprise for Bathurst has been the arrival of Remy Anglehart; the over-age forward was recently acquired from the Drummondville Voltigeurs in exchange for a fourth-round pick and has been extremely effective for his new team. In four games with Bathurst, Anglehart has recorded at least a point in each game and has five points thus far.
Want to catch the action in Bathurst? Tune in to George Matthews and Cory Arsenault on Ocean 100's Saturday Night Hockey, or watch it live on Eastlink Community TV, Channel 610!
• Discuss this story on the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League message board...
Quebec Major Junior Hockey League Stories from November 16, 2019
- Eagles Finish Road Trip with 5-4 Win in Victoriaville - Cape Breton Eagles
- Goobie and Gallant Turn in Big Performances, But Isles Lose in OT to Titan - Charlottetown Islanders
- Isles Try to Get Back in Win Column Versus Titan - Charlottetown Islanders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Charlottetown Islanders Stories
- Wednesday's Home Game vs. Titan Being Played as Planned
- Islanders Game Tonight against Mooseheads Postponed
- Islanders Visit Halifax for Second Straight Matchup against Moose
- Friday Night Game against Sea Dogs Postponed
- Plandowski Scores His First, Desruisseaux Continues His Torrid Streak as Isles Defeat Moose