Isles Return to Full Strength in Much-Anticipated Final Matchup with Moose
In a season filled with repetitive matchups, one might find it surprising that the most anticipated matchup between the Charlottetown Islanders and Halifax Mooseheads falls on the final game of the 2020-2021 regular season.
Sparks flew in the last matchup between the two teams on Tuesday night; tension grew between the two teams throughout the game and finally boiled over when Mooseheads starter Alexis Gravel speared Islanders forward Zac Beauregard in the groin and Beauregard retaliated. The two teams engaged in a line brawl that ended with eight major penalties and seven suspensions between both clubs.
The Islanders (34-5-0-0) will be back at full strength after Bailey Peach, Oscar Plandowski, and Patrick Guay served their one-game suspensions last night against the Cape Breton Eagles. The understaffed Isles pulled out a 3-2 victory against the Eagles in Sydney last night despite a mountain of penalties handed out to both teams.
Ben Boyd scored the first goal of last night's game for the Islanders, a goal that tied the game early in the second. The big rookie forward has goals in back-to-back games and has six goals in 34 games this season.
Halifax, on the other hand, will be severely understaffed in what has become their last game of the season. Gravel, Cameron Whynot, and Zachary L'Heureux will all serve their suspensions earned from last game to go along with the long list of injured players that the Mooseheads have accrued this season.
They hope to have a little bit of reinforcements for the game as they await word on their injured list. While regular infirmary ward visitors such as Alexandre Tessier, Keegan Hunt, and Jake Furlong won't be available, they'll hope to have offensive stalwarts such as James Swan and Elliot Desnoyers back for their final game of the regular season.
George Matthews and Cory Arsenault will have the call live on Ocean 100's Saturday Night Hockey starting with the pre-game show at 6:45pm. You'll also be able to watch along at any of our five viewing partners across Charlottetown as well as on Eastlink Community TV!
• Discuss this story on the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League message board...
Quebec Major Junior Hockey League Stories from April 17, 2021
- Isles Close out Regular Season in Style with 9-4 Victory over Moose - Charlottetown Islanders
- Wildcats Take Close Final Regular Season Game 2-1 - Saint John Sea Dogs
- QMJHL Unveils the Round-Robin Tournament Schedule - Saint John Sea Dogs
- QMJHL Unveils the Round-Robin Tournament Schedule - Moncton Wildcats
- NB Playoff Series Schedule Released - Moncton Wildcats
- Isles Return to Full Strength in Much-Anticipated Final Matchup with Moose - Charlottetown Islanders
- QMJHL unveils round-robin tournament schedule - QMJHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Charlottetown Islanders Stories
- Absolutely Wild Game in Shawinigan Gives Isles 2-0 Series Lead
- Isles Look to Push Titan to the Brink with Victory Today
- Ellis Stands Tall, Budgell Scores Game Winner as Isles Take Game 1
- Isles and Titan Kick off President's Cup Playoff Run Today
- Ocean 100, Eastlink to Bring Fans Playoff Action