Isles Look to Protect the Bridge against Wildcats
After a weekend spent in Quebec, the Charlottetown Islanders are back home for two straight home games before Remembrance Day weekend. It all starts tonight, as the Isles welcome the Moncton Wildcats to the Eastlink Centre in the first matchup between the two teams this season.
The Wildcats (14-3-2-0) are the hottest team in the QMJHL, having not lost in regulation over the past 14 games. Their 83 goals scored are good for the second-most in the league, while their 53 goals against are the fourth-fewest allowed by any team in the league.
The Cats are led by a pair of PEI natives. Summerside-born Jeremy McKenna currently leads the team with 11 goals and 30 points in just 19 games played this season, good for third overall in the QMJHL. Rookie defenseman and Cornwall's own Jordan Spence has been one of the most effective rookies in the league. His 16 points is good for third-best among all rookies and sixth-most among all defensemen.
The Islanders (11-7-1-0) are coming off a weekend Quebec road trip that saw them win once out of a possible 3 attempts. The team continues to put the puck in the net, having not scored less than three goals in a game since October 11th, a stretch of ten games.
Not to be outdone by their counterparts tonight, Islanders forward Daniel Hardie has arguably been the hottest forward in all of the QMJHL, having scored 21 points over his last ten games. He now sits inside the top-10 among QMJHL point-getters, while his 13 goals is good for third in the league.
Following a stellar weekend where he recorded seven points and was named to the QMJHL Team of the Week, captain Pierre-Olivier Joseph has catapulted in to the top-ten point-getters among defensemen, now with 14 points in 16 games.
Don't forget that tonight's game is Student Night Thursday! All student tickets are just $3, while drinks are also just $3 for those 19 and over! Tickets are available as always at the Eastlink Centre box office, by phone at 902-629-6625, or online at https://boxoffce.eastlinkcentrepei.com. We'll see you tonight!
• Discuss this story on the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League message board...
Quebec Major Junior Hockey League Stories from November 8, 2018
- Hardie's Heroics Lead Isles to Victory - Charlottetown Islanders
- Team QMJHL Unveils Captain and Assistants - QMJHL
- Mooseheads 15th Annual DND Appreciation Night Friday - Halifax Mooseheads
- Isles Look to Protect the Bridge against Wildcats - Charlottetown Islanders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Charlottetown Islanders Stories
- Lukas Cormier Named to Team Canada U18 World Championship Preliminary Roster
- Welsh and Cormier Continue Winning Ways at Golden Puck Awards
- Hunter Drew Signs ATO with San Diego Gulls
- Welsh Cleans up at 2019 Fan Choice Awards
- Sokolov Scores in Overtime, Charlottetown's Season Comes to An End