Islanders Release Sirman Ahead of Final Home Pre-Season Game
Charlottetown Islanders head coach and general manager Jim Hulton announced today that the team has released forward Will Sirman.
Sirman, 20, was one of four over-age players vying for a spot on the roster. The team had previously committed to goaltender Matthew Welsh and defenseman Brendon Clavelle, leaving Sirman and Kevin Gursoy to battle for the final position.
Sirman recorded four goals and 15 assists for 19 points in 49 games with the Islanders last season. He came to the Islanders as a free agent last season following a season spent with the Windsor Spitfires of the Ontario Hockey League.
In 117 career major junior games split between the OHL and QMJHL, Sirman has recorded 10 goals and 28 assists for 38 points.
Following the release, the 2019-2020 Charlottetown Islanders roster has been finalized. The team will be publicly unveiled as part of the inaugural Fan Fest, beginning at 9:00am on Saturday, September 14th at the Eastlink Centre with the unveiling of the team scheduled for 1:00pm.
The Islanders will play their final pre-season home game tomorrow night at the Eastlink Centre against the Saint John Sea Dogs. Puck drop is at 7:00pm and tickets are only available at the door; $10 for adults/seniors and $5 for students/youth. We hope to see you there!
Images from this story
Charlottetown Islanders forward Will Sirman
• Discuss this story on the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League message board...
Quebec Major Junior Hockey League Stories from September 12, 2019
- Islanders Release Sirman Ahead of Final Home Pre-Season Game - Charlottetown Islanders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Charlottetown Islanders Stories
- Gravel the Star for Halifax as Isles Suffer First Regulation Loss of the Season
- Thanksgiving Monday Gives Islanders Matinee Matchup against Mooseheads
- Islanders Look to Keep Hot Streak Going against Titan
- Islanders Shut Down Defending Champs to Stay Undefeated in Regulation
- Upstart Huskies Provide Tall Task for Islanders Tonight