Islanders Game Tonight against Mooseheads Postponed
The Halifax Mooseheads have recorded a positive COVID-19 test among the staff and are suspending team in-person activities.
The league issued a memo to Mooseheads' executives in which it outlined the following steps to take in accordance with COVID-19 protocols. However, the infected person didn't have any contact with players or hockey staff.
Players and staff will now be preventively isolated;
Members of the organization who have been in contact with the infected person will be tested;
Public Health Officials have been contacted by the League. They are exploring the nature of all contacts between players and staff. Any additional findings will be shared with the team and the League.
Tonight's game between the Islanders and Mooseheads has been postponed. A makeup date will be announced in the future.
• Discuss this story on the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League message board...
Quebec Major Junior Hockey League Stories from November 21, 2020
- Islanders Game Tonight against Mooseheads Postponed - Charlottetown Islanders
- Media Release- Eagles Game in Halifax Postponed - Cape Breton Eagles
- Mooseheads Suspend Activities - QMJHL
- Islanders Visit Halifax for Second Straight Matchup against Moose - Charlottetown Islanders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Charlottetown Islanders Stories
- Additional Games Scheduled in the Maritimes Division
- Cedric Desruisseaux Named QMJHL Player of the Week
- Another Offensive Barrage Propels Isles to Large Victory over Eagles
- Isles and Eagles Ready for Battle in Charlottetown
- Cormier Plays the Hero as Isles Come from Behind to Defeat Moose