Iowa Concludes Three Game Road Trip With Victory
Orem, UT - Othyus Jeffers scored 27 points and grabbed 9 rebounds to lead the Iowa Energy to a 107-96 victory over the Utah Flash Saturday night in Orem, UT. Former Iowa State Cyclone Curtis Stinson poured in 22 points and handed out 11 assists in the victory.
The Energy, concluding a difficult three game road trip, took a 6-4 lead early in the first quarter on a turnaround jump shot by Anthony Tolliver and never gave the lead back to Utah. Iowa made 20 of 23 free throw attempts and only turned the ball over 13 times on the night.
Utah, who entered the game tied with Idaho for 1st place in the D-League's West Division, were led by NBA veteran Ronald Dupree, who finished with 22 points.
Iowa moves to 19-10 on the year, and extends their Central Division lead over Dakota to 1.5 games.
The Energy then return home on Monday for a 7pm contest vs. Erie. The first 2,000 fans at Monday's game will receive a free "Benny the Bull" Bobblehead.
Group and single game tickets to all are available by calling 515-462-2849 or visiting www.iowanba.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 21, 2009
- Tulsa Drops Saturday Thriller to Albuquerque - Tulsa 66ers
- Jeffers Propels Energy to Road Victory - Utah Flash
- Iowa Concludes Three Game Road Trip With Victory - Iowa Wolves
- BayHawks outlast Skyforce fourth quarter surge - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Frahm's debut, helps to hold back Stampede, Bighorns 102-91 - Reno Bighorns
- Toros Trade Mohammed Abukar for Dwayne Jones - Austin Spurs
- Kevin Kruger Returns to Utah Flash - Utah Flash
- NBA D-League Daily Developments - G League
- Arsenal Blinded by the Flash - Anaheim Arsenal
- Albuquerque Edges Tulsa in Division Shootout - Tulsa 66ers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.