Frahm's debut, helps to hold back Stampede, Bighorns 102-91
The first half was a back and forth game with eight lead changes and 12 ties. Neither team was able to pull away, with the largest lead of the first half belonging to the Bighorns, with a six point lead.
The tight game continued into halftime with a last second three pointer from, newly acquired guard Richie Frahm, to go into the locker room all knotted up at 47 a piece.
The close play was also reflected in the individual scoring, as Stampede center, Lance Allred and Frahm led all scorers in the first half with 14 points each.
The second half began as the first half ended neither team being able to sustain moment. The Bighorns were able to separate from the Stampede midway through the third quarter with an eight point lead.
The Bighorns were able to hold off a Stampede surge to get within four points midway through the fourth quarter.
Bighorn newcomer, Richie Frahm led all scorers with 25 points, while going 4 for 6 from behind the arc. Allred led Idaho with 20 points.
The Bighorns look to continue their success on Sunday, as they meet Idaho again.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 21, 2009
- Tulsa Drops Saturday Thriller to Albuquerque - Tulsa 66ers
- Jeffers Propels Energy to Road Victory - Utah Flash
- Iowa Concludes Three Game Road Trip With Victory - Iowa Wolves
- BayHawks outlast Skyforce fourth quarter surge - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Frahm's debut, helps to hold back Stampede, Bighorns 102-91 - Reno Bighorns
- Toros Trade Mohammed Abukar for Dwayne Jones - Austin Spurs
- Kevin Kruger Returns to Utah Flash - Utah Flash
- NBA D-League Daily Developments - G League
- Arsenal Blinded by the Flash - Anaheim Arsenal
- Albuquerque Edges Tulsa in Division Shootout - Tulsa 66ers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Reno Bighorns Stories
- Bighorns Drop Western Conference Semifinals to Lakers
- Coach Martin to Donate One Thousand Tickets to Local Non-Profits for Tuesday's Playoff Game
- Reno Bighorns to Play in Western Conference Semifinals on April 3
- Statement from the Reno Bighorns and Sacramento Kings Regarding the Passing of Zeke Upshaw
- Bighorns Earn Pacific Division Title with Win over Warriors