Inter Miami CF Set to Play First Playoff Match in Club History on Friday against Nashville SC
Inter Miami CF carries on with its inaugural season with a trip to face fellow expansion side Nashville SC for the third time in what will be the Club's historic first-ever playoff match. The matchup at Nissan Stadium will kick off on Friday, Nov. 20 at 9 p.m. ET.
The match will be nationally televised on ESPN2 and ESPN Deportes, and fans can listen to the match on Spanish radio via Univision Miami's WQBA 1140 AM and the Uforia App. Fans worldwide can also tune in to live commentary on the Club's App. Download and Register your Profile here: https://www.intermiamicf.com/en/club/app.
Inter Miami will look to keep the team's positive momentum going after clinching a playoff spot with a 2-1 win over FC Cincinnati at Inter Miami CF Stadium on MLS Decision Day presented by AT&T on Nov. 8. The match saw defenders Mikey Ambrose and Leandro GonzÃ¡lez Pirez score to secure the pivotal victory for Inter Miami, with Ambrose opening the scoring in the 19th minute with a long-range effort and LGP extending the team's lead in the 23rd minute with a header following a pinpoint delivery into the box from a corner kick by Lewis Morgan. It was Ambrose's first goal in MLS and LGP's second of the season, while the assist was Morgan's team-leading eighth. Additionally, Ambrose's goal was selected as the AT&T MLS Goal of the Week for week 24.
Friday's fixture will be Inter Miami's first playoff match in Club history after becoming just the seventh MLS franchise to qualify for the playoffs in its inaugural campaign.
Additionally, the match at Nissan Stadium will be the team's third meeting against fellow 2020 expansion side Nashville SC, having previously recorded a 1-0 loss on the road and a 0-0 draw at home during the regular season.
Nashville SC will enter the playoff match after recording a 3-2 away win over Orlando City SC on the road. Overall, Nashville compiled a record of eight wins, eight draws and seven losses to finish seventh in the Eastern Conference standings. The team has been led by midfielder Hany Mukhtar, who has tallied four goals and four assists, and midfielder/forward Randall Leal, who has registered three goals and four assists.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 17, 2020
- By the Numbers: Analyzing the Keys to Colorado's Success in 2020 - Colorado Rapids
- Baseball Hall of Famer and Seattle Icon Ken Griffey Jr. and Family Join Sounders FC Ownership Group - Seattle Sounders FC
- By the Numbers: the Opening Round of the 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs - Orlando City SC
- Inter Miami CF Set to Play First Playoff Match in Club History on Friday against Nashville SC - Inter Miami CF
- The Importance of the Captain: Nani, Lions Gear up for Postseason - Orlando City SC
- Inter Miami CF Honors 'Sholem Corazon Valiente' with MLS Community MVP Award Presented by Wells Fargo - Inter Miami CF
- Toronto FC Announce Academy Mentorship Program - Toronto FC
- Kelly Koeun Named Rapids' 2020 Community MVP Presented by Wells Fargo - Colorado Rapids
- Houston Dynamo Football Club and Houston Dash Unveil New Club Initiatives, Brand Identity and Primary Badges - Houston Dynamo FC
- Philadelphia Union's Jim Curtin Named 2020 Sigi Schmid MLS Coach of the Year - Philadelphia Union
- Philadelphia Union's Jim Curtin Named 2020 Sigi Schmid MLS Coach of the Year - MLS
- New England Revolution COVID-19 Update - New England Revolution
- Win Or Go Home: Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs Kick off - This Week in MLS - MLS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Inter Miami CF Stories
- Academy Update: Competitive Play Kicks Off
- Inter Miami CF Falls 0-4 to New York Red Bulls
- Inter Miami CF Announces Mas Brothers, Beckham Increase Ownership Stake in the Club
- Inter Miami CF to Host the New York Red Bulls on FridayÃÂ
- Inter Miami CF Announces Kick Childhood Cancer Initiatives