Injury Update: Amro Tarek Sidelined 4-6 Weeks
HARRISON, N.J. - New York Red Bulls defender Amro Tarek will be sidelined 4-6 weeks as he recovers from an ankle injury. Tarek underwent successful minor ankle surgery last week at the Hospital for Special Surgery.
Tarek suffered the injury during the Red Bulls match at Seattle Sounders FC on September 15. Tarek, 27, has made 20 appearances for New York this season, including 19 starts. The defender has chipped in a goal and assist as well.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 3, 2019
- Timbers Weekly Update: October 3, 2019 - Portland Timbers
- D.C. United Issues Club Statement on FloSports - D.C. United
- FC Cincinnati Unveil West End Stadium Suites, Begin Stadium Sales Process - FC Cincinnati
- New York City FC Midfielder Maxi Moralez Agrees to New Designated Player Contract - New York City FC
- Seven Players from the Impact Academy at the U17 World Cup Training Camp - Montreal Impact
- Injury Update: Amro Tarek Sidelined 4-6 Weeks - New York Red Bulls
- Corporex Capital, LLC Announces Partnership with Kings Hammer Soccer Club - FC Cincinnati
- D.C. United Sign Academy Product Moses Nyeman as 13th Homegrown Player in Club History - D.C. United
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Red Bulls Stories
- Red Bulls Fall Short to Philadelphia, 4-3 in Overtime
- New York Red Bulls, Newark Board of Education and Southern New Hampshire University Launch "Goal for Perfect Attendance" Program
- Match Preview: New York Heads to Philadelphia for Round One of the Audi 2019 MLS Cup Playoffs
- Luis Robles Named a Finalist for MLS WORKS Humanitarian of the Year
- New York Red Bulls Name Natasha Patel Head of Performance Analysis