Indy Eleven Front Office Adds John Koluder as Senior Director, Communications & Marketing
INDIANAPOLIS - Indy Eleven Professional Soccer has welcomed a familiar face to its front office staff with the hiring of John Koluder as Senior Director, Communications & Marketing.
As part of his new role with Indy Eleven, Koluder will serve as the primary contact for media members regarding team and front office interview requests and all inquiries for information surrounding Indiana's Team. Trey Higdon remains with the club in his role as Manager, Content Communications and will continue to serve as a secondary contact for media. Contact information for both is as follows:
In addition, Koluder will oversee all internal and external communication activities and assist the club's marketing team in further establishing the club as Indiana's premier soccer brand via the development of new and existing grassroots partnerships and paid media campaigns.
"The opportunity to return to Indy Eleven and contribute to our tremendous momentum is one I cherish," said Koluder, who served as Indy Eleven's original Director of Public Relations from 2013-17. "I am fortunate to join a staff that will continue to build strong and meaningful connections with our supporters and our community during an exciting time for the club."
Prior to his first stint with Indy Eleven, Koluder spent ten years on the Communications teams of Major League Soccer's D.C. United (2002-03), Chicago Fire (2003-07) and Real Salt Lake (2007-12). In addition to assisting Media Operations crews at multiple MLS Cup Finals, MLS All-Star Games, CONCACAF Champions League matches, U.S. Soccer Men's and Women's National Team contests and international friendlies, Koluder led the media operations efforts behind the largest soccer event in Indiana history - the 2013 International Champions Cup match between Chelsea FC and Inter Milan played in front of nearly 42,000 spectators at Lucas Oil Stadium.
Since May 2017, Koluder served as Director of Marketing & Communications for Indianapolis Ballet, Inc., providing pivotal support for the organization during its 2017 launch of Indianapolis Ballet, the first professional resident ballet company based in Indianapolis since 2005. The Hoosier State native of Indiana also served as an adjunct professor at his alma mater of Indiana University-Bloomington, teaching a sports public relations class in The Media School for two semesters.
Indy Eleven (2W-1L-0D) resumes its USL Championship schedule this Monday, April 15, on the road during Week 6 action at Swope Park Rangers. Kickoff from Children's Mercy Park in Kansas City, Kan., is set for 8:00 p.m. ET (live on ESPN+). Indy Eleven return to Lucas Oil Stadium on Wednesday, May 1, to take on Tampa Bay Rowdies at 7:00 p.m., followed by a second home match three days later against North Carolina FC, also at 7:00 p.m. Tickets are available for as low as $15 at indyeleven.com/tickets or by calling 317-685-1100.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from April 12, 2019
- Nashville SC, Memphis 901 FC Rivalry Should Bring out Best in Teams, Fans - Nashville SC
- Phoenix Rising Set for Two-Match Road Swing in Texas - Phoenix Rising FC
- Memphis 901 FC, Nashville SC Meet for Rivalry Showdown Saturday - Memphis 901 FC
- Match Preview: ATL UTD 2 vs North Carolina FC - Atlanta United 2
- Darnell King Trying to Make His Mark on Competitive Backline - Nashville SC
- Independence Receive Forward on Loan from Colorado - Charlotte Independence
- North Carolina FC to Face Atlanta United 2 in Road Test - North Carolina FC
- Game Notes: Tacoma Defiance at Las Vegas Lights FC - April 13, 2019 - Tacoma Defiance
- 901 FC Acquires Cameron Lindley on Loan from Orlando City SC - Memphis 901 FC
- San Antonio FC Hosts La Galaxy II at Toyota Field - San Antonio FC
- Bethlehem Steel FC Hosts Charleston Battery at Talen Energy Stadium this Saturday - Philadelphia Union II
- Match Preview: Birmingham Legion FC at Saint Louis FC - Birmingham Legion FC
- Atlanta United 2 Signs Bienvenue Kanakimana on Loan - Atlanta United 2
- Forward JJ Williams Joins Legion FC on Loan - Birmingham Legion FC
- Toros Hungry for First Victory as They Face OKC Energy at Home - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Indy Eleven Front Office Adds John Koluder as Senior Director, Communications & Marketing - Indy Eleven
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Indy Eleven Stories
- Indy Eleven Adds Carmel Native and Ex-MLS Midfielder Cam Lindley
- Indy Eleven Sets Preseason Exhibition Calendar
- Indy Eleven Releases Defender Lucas Farias
- Indy Eleven Keeps Technical Staff Intact as 2020 Preseason Begins
- U.S. Youth International Set to Bolster Indy's Attack in 2020