Phoenix Rising Set for Two-Match Road Swing in Texas
Phoenix Rising FC embarks on its longest trip away from home, a two-match, six-day swing through the state of Texas. The first of those two matches takes place Saturday night in El Paso, Texas, as Rising FC squares off against El Paso Locomotive FC at Southwest University Park. The match is scheduled to kickoff at 6:30 p.m. and fans can watch the match at one of two official watch parties: Thirsty Lion in Tempe Marketplace and R.T. O'Sullivans in Scottsdale.
The road trip follows a three-match homestand where Rising FC went winless but unbeaten in front of three consecutive sellout crowds at Casino Arizona Field. The last of those three matches was a 0-0 grudge match against Fresno Football Club on April 6. It was the 2019 debut of goalkeeper Zac Lubin, who made three saves en route to leading the club to its first clean sheet of the season.
Phoenix Rising has started the season 0-0-4, matching a club record for consecutive draws in a season and setting a USL Championship record for most consecutive draws to begin a season.
A Little Bit About El Paso Locomotive FC
In its last match, the team earned its first win in franchise history, defeating Orange County SC 2-0 on March 30
Midfielder Edson Partida, a loanee from Liga MX side Toluca FC, scored both goals in the club's first-ever victory
Locomotive FC is second in USL Championship in accurate passes per match (405.8), third in shots on target per match (6.0) and leads all of USL Championship in average possession (59.3 percent)
Unbeaten in its last three matches
A Little Bit About Phoenix Rising
Phoenix Rising's Solomon Asante leads the USL Championship in shots on target per match (2.5) and key passes per match (3.8)
Phoenix Rising leads the conference with the most shots on target per match (6.8) and is second in the conference in possession (59 percent)
Phoenix Rising is 1-0-3 in its last four matches in April.
Solomon Asante and Amadou Dia enter the match tied with the longest active consecutive starts streak (9)
First time for everything part II
El Paso Locomotive FC will be the 31st different USL Championship club Rising FC has faced. In its previous 30 first-ever meetings, the team is 11-12-7. The last time the club won its first-ever match against another club was on June 13, 2018, in a 4-0 win over Las Vegas Lights FC.
Lone Star History
While this is PRFC's first trip to El Paso it will not be the club's first trip to Texas. The club has played a total of seven matches in Texas, going 1-4-2 in those matches. PRFC's last match in the Lone Star State was this year's season opener, a 3-3 draw with San Antonio FC. The club's last win in Texas was on April 11, 2015, a 1-0 win over the Austin Aztex. (The starting goalkeeper in that match: Carl Woszczynski).
Record-breaking goal pace part II
Rising's eight goals through the first four matches of the season is ahead of the record-setting goal pace the club set last year. The club had scored just six goals in its first four matches in 2018.
Iron Man Watch
After four matches, three players have played all 360 minutes of play: Solomon Asante, Amadou Dia, and Adam Jahn.
Waiting on a win
Following the club's 0-0 draw with Fresno FC, the club opened the season with four consecutive draws. It's the first time in club history the team hasn't notched at least one win within its first four matches. The club also set a USL Championship record for most draws to begin a season.
Waiting on a win, continued
While the club will break a record for most matches to start a season before its first win, the team still has a long way to go before setting the club record for the latest first win of the season. That record was set in 2014 when the club won its first match of the year on April 19, 2014.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from April 12, 2019
- Nashville SC, Memphis 901 FC Rivalry Should Bring out Best in Teams, Fans - Nashville SC
- Phoenix Rising Set for Two-Match Road Swing in Texas - Phoenix Rising FC
- Memphis 901 FC, Nashville SC Meet for Rivalry Showdown Saturday - Memphis 901 FC
- Match Preview: ATL UTD 2 vs North Carolina FC - Atlanta United 2
- Darnell King Trying to Make His Mark on Competitive Backline - Nashville SC
- Independence Receive Forward on Loan from Colorado - Charlotte Independence
- North Carolina FC to Face Atlanta United 2 in Road Test - North Carolina FC
- Game Notes: Tacoma Defiance at Las Vegas Lights FC - April 13, 2019 - Tacoma Defiance
- 901 FC Acquires Cameron Lindley on Loan from Orlando City SC - Memphis 901 FC
- San Antonio FC Hosts La Galaxy II at Toyota Field - San Antonio FC
- Bethlehem Steel FC Hosts Charleston Battery at Talen Energy Stadium this Saturday - Philadelphia Union II
- Match Preview: Birmingham Legion FC at Saint Louis FC - Birmingham Legion FC
- Atlanta United 2 Signs Bienvenue Kanakimana on Loan - Atlanta United 2
- Forward JJ Williams Joins Legion FC on Loan - Birmingham Legion FC
- Toros Hungry for First Victory as They Face OKC Energy at Home - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Indy Eleven Front Office Adds John Koluder as Senior Director, Communications & Marketing - Indy Eleven
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Phoenix Rising FC Stories
- Phoenix Rising Opens 2020 Visit Tucson Sun Cup with Columbus Crew SC
- Rising FC Announces Official Supporter Nights for 2020
- Dollar Beer Night Returns for 2020 Season
- Phoenix Rising Acquires Goalkeeper Eric Dick on Loan from Sporting KC
- Phoenix Rising Extends Head Coach Rick Schantz's Contract