Indians Use Big First to Win Series at Louisville
LOUISVILLE, KY - The Indians had their first nine batters reach base safely during a seven-run first inning and Indianapolis hung on in the ninth for an 8-6 win over the Louisville Bats on Thursday night at Louisville Slugger Field. Indy's seven-run frame was its highest output in the first inning of a game this season.
Indians Record: 77-61
WP: Nick Kingham (9-6)
LP: Wendolyn Bautista (0-2)
S: Montana DuRapau (1)
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from September 1, 2017
- Gwinnett 13, Norfolk 3 - Gwinnett Stripers
- Gwinnett 13, Norfolk 3 - Norfolk Tides
- Indians Use Big First to Win Series at Louisville - Indianapolis Indians
- Red Wings Spoil RailRiders' Home Finale - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Bisons Rally in Eighth Inning, Top PawSox, 4-2 - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Chiefs Fall to IronPigs, 5-1, Friday Night - Syracuse Chiefs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Indianapolis Indians Stories
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (5-6) vs. Charlotte Knights (6-7)
- Tribe No-Hit, Blanked in Doubleheader at Syracuse
- Doubleheader: Indianapolis Indians (5-4) at Syracuse Chiefs (6-4)
- Kingham, Indians Double up Chiefs in Snowstorm
- Doubleheader: Indianapolis Indians (4-4) at Syracuse Chiefs (6-3)