Red Wings Spoil RailRiders' Home Finale
Moosic, Pa. - The SWB RailRiders (Triple-A/ New York Yankees) dropped their final home game of the regular season to the Rochester Red Wings on Thursday night at PNC Field. The Red Wings (78-60) took home a 5-1 decision to avoid a four-game sweep. The RailRiders (86-51) finish 11-6 against the Red Wings.
Chance Adams (11-5) allowed five runs on seven hits in the loss. The right-hander pitched 5.2 innings with three walks and six strikeouts. The five runs allowed were the most for Adams since an August 11, 2016 loss with Double-A Trenton. Tyler Jones and Cale Coshow combined to keep the Red Wings scoreless over the final 3.1 frames.
The RailRiders managed a only one run on four hits over 6.1 innings against David Hurlbut (10-8). Matt Holliday worked a two-out walk in the first inning and scored when Miguel Andujar slammed a double off the right field wall. Andujar extended his hitting streak to 15 games and has hit safely in 37 of his last 40.
Holliday finished 0-for-3 with a walk and a run scored in his third rehab game as designated hitter. Over three games, he is 2-for-10 with three walks and three runs scored.
The 2017 IL North Division Champion RailRiders begin their final regular season series on the road against the Lehigh Valley IronPigs (Philadelphia Phillies) on Friday, September 1 at 7:05 p.m. Right-hander Brady Lail (6-5, 5.41) is scheduled to start for SWB. 2017 playoff tickets are on sale! For tickets or more information, please call 570-969-BALL (2255) or visit swbrailriders.com.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from September 1, 2017
- Gwinnett 13, Norfolk 3 - Gwinnett Stripers
- Gwinnett 13, Norfolk 3 - Norfolk Tides
- Indians Use Big First to Win Series at Louisville - Indianapolis Indians
- Red Wings Spoil RailRiders' Home Finale - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Bisons Rally in Eighth Inning, Top PawSox, 4-2 - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Chiefs Fall to IronPigs, 5-1, Friday Night - Syracuse Mets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders Stories
- Life Skills and Special Education Students Holiday Luncheon
- All-Time SWB Team Infield Announced
- Scranton/Wilkes-Barre to Host 2020 Triple-A All-Star Game
- RailRiders Working with ESU Sport Marketing Students
- All-Time Team Pitcher and Catcher Revealed