Indiana Pacers Re-Assign Plumlee and Johnson to NBA D-League Affiliate Fort Wayne Mad Ants
January 3, 2013 - NBA G League (G League) News Release
NEW YORK, Jan. 3, 2013 - The Indiana Pacers today re-assigned Miles Plumlee and Orlando Johnson to the Fort Wayne Mad Ants, Indiana's NBA Development League affiliate. The assignments are the record 88th and 89th of the 2012-13 NBA and NBA D-League seasons, while Plumlee and Johnson are two of the 46 players who have been assigned to the NBA D-League this season.
Plumlee (6-11, 255, Duke) re-joins the Mad Ants following four previous assignments when he played in six games and averaged 14.7 points, 11.2 rebounds and 33.0 minutes. He has appeared in six games for the Pacers this season, averaging 1.0 points, 1.3 rebounds and 3.7 minutes.
Selected 26th overall by the Pacers in the first round of the 2012 NBA Draft, Plumlee was a four-year member of the Blue Devils, where he won an NCAA Championship in 2010.
Johnson (6-5, 220, UC-Santa Barbara) has appeared in three games for Indiana this season. In his previous two assignments with Fort Wayne, Johnson averaged 22.5 points, 7.5 rebounds and 3.0 steals.
Selected in the second round (36th overall) of the 2012 NBA Draft by the Sacramento Kings, Johnson was acquired by the Pacers via trade on June 28, 2012. In just three seasons at UC-Santa Barbara, Johnson became the Gauchos all-time leading scorer (1,825 points), and is the only player in school history to have scored 500 or more points in a season three times. His 674 points as a junior and 39 points in a game vs. Cal-Davis are also school records
Plumlee and Johnson are expected to be in available tonight when the team hosts Santa Cruz Warriors.
Indiana fans can follow Plumlee and Johnson during their time in Fort Wayne on NBADLeague.com powered by YouTube to watch all of the team's games live, online, for free.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 3, 2013
- Charge Injury Update - Canton Charge
- Armor Fall to Canton - Springfield Armor
- Charge Top Armor for Third-Straight Win - Canton Charge
- Santa Cruz Warriors Fall to Mad Ants - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Austin Toros Lose at Home 109-107 - Austin Spurs
- Harper Four-Point Play Wins It for Idaho - Idaho Stampede
- Vipers Acquire Goudelock from Sioux Falls - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Skyforce Acquires Two Former NBA Players - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- BayHawks Acquire Singletary and Draft Pick - Erie BayHawks
- Cleveland Cavaliers Re-Assign Jon Leuer to NBA D-League Affiliate Canton Charge - G League
- Cavaliers Assign Leuer to Charge - Canton Charge
- Johnson and Plumlee Reassigned to Fort Wayne - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Armor Re-Acquire Dennis Horner - Springfield Armor
- Bighorns Back in Action this Weekend - Reno Bighorns
- Indiana Pacers Re-Assign Plumlee and Johnson to NBA D-League Affiliate Fort Wayne Mad Ants - G League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.