Impact Faces Fiorentina Primavera this Tuesday
FLORENCE, Italy - The Montreal Impact is set to play its second friendly in Italy versus Fiorentina's reserve side, known as the Primavera, Tuesday at 2:30pm local time (8:30am ET), at the Fiesole Caldine Sports Centre.
All five Impact U21 players are expected to play, as well as some Impact regulars including forward Andrew Wenger, midfielder Lamar Neagle, along with defenders Jeb Brovsky, Zarek Valentin and Dennis Iapichino, all three of which saw action in last week's 1-0 loss to Bologna FC.
Brovsky, who normally plays as wing back, is expected to start alongside Quebec defender Karl W. Ouimette in central defence.
Fiorentina is leading its division in reserve league action with a record of 8-1-1 for a total of 25 points and is second only to Atalanta's reserve side in the 42 team Primavera. La Viola is coming off of a 3-1 victory over Novara in its last matchup.
The youth team is averaging 2.4 goals scored per game and is even deadlier at home with an average of three goals per match, while allowing just one against per game.
ACF Fiorentina is recognized as one of the top development clubs in Italy, with three Primavera titles and a renowned youth system.
Four players trying out
Midfielders Nicolas Cordova, Henrique Cornelio Bem (SC Kriens) and Andrea Pisanu (Bologna), as well as forward Oussama Essabr (Crotone, on loan from Juventus) will join the Impact on trial.
Probable starting line-up:
MTL: GK - Evan Bush; D - Dennis Iapichino, Jeb Brovsky, Karl W. Ouimette, Zarek Valentin; M - Zakaria Messoudi, Bryan Arguez, Wandrille Lefevre, Lamar Neagle; F - Andrew Wenger, Mircea Ilcu
The Impact will then face Fiorentina's pro team this Thursday at 7pm local time (1pm ET), at the Stadio Artemio Franchi. The game will be streamed live on impactmontreal.com.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 12, 2012
- Sounders FC News & Notes - Seattle Sounders FC
- Martinez Called up to Honduras National Team - Seattle Sounders FC
- Weekly Update: Rapids Break Camp this Friday After Final Week of Training - Colorado Rapids
- Timbers Development Update - Portland Timbers
- Three FC Dallas Players Called in to Represent Their Countries - FC Dallas
- Earthquakes Weekly Update - San Jose Earthquakes
- Sporting KC Forward Jacob Peterson to Undergo Shoulder Surgery on Friday - Sporting Kansas City
- Dynamo to Host Year-End Celebration at Hotel Zaza on November 27 - Houston Dynamo
- Impact Faces Fiorentina Primavera this Tuesday - Montreal Impact
- U.S. Women's National Team to Hold Public Training at Jeld-Wen Field - Portland Timbers
- Juan Agudelo Called up to USMNT for International Duty - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- D.C. United Academy Update - D.C. United
- MF Peterson Joseph to Represent Haiti in Caribbean Cup Qualifying - Sporting Kansas City
- Chicago Fire Hold Final Training Sessions of 2012 Season - Chicago Fire
- United Soccer Club's "Fall Fest" to Take Place Wednesday, November 14th - D.C. United
- Nick Rimando Called-Up to U.S. National Team for Upcoming Friendly - Real Salt Lake
- D.C. United's Andy Najar Called up to Honduras National Team - D.C. United
- Sean Johnson to Represent United States in International Friendly - Chicago Fire
- Keane Pushes Galaxy past Sounders FC 3-0 - Seattle Sounders FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.