Ice Flyers Fall to the Storm, 4-1
PENSACOLA, Fla. - The Pensacola Ice Flyers lost 4-1 against the Quad City Storm in their first trip to Moline, Illinois. Tanner Froese scored the lone goal for the Ice Flyers. The Storm goals were scored by Al Graves, Joe McKeown, Skyler Smutek and Sean Kacerosky.
Quad City outshot Pensacola 13 to 8 in the scoreless first period. Chris Lijdsman of Pensacola drew the only two penalties of the period with a holding penalty at 1:25 and a hooking minor at 15:13.
Al Graves scored on a pass from Tyler Minx 4:16 into the second period. Joe McKeown put Quad City up 2-0 over Pensacola with an unassisted goal coming in at 13:52. Al Graves of Quad City and Andrew Schmit of Pensacola were both assessed five-minute major penalties for fighting at 14:38. Al Graves left down the tunnel and did not return until later in the third period. Tanner Froese halved the Storm's lead with a power play goal at 14:52, assisted by John Scorcia and Jesse Kessler. It was Pensacola's only goal of the night.
8:03 into the third, Skyler Smutek scored on the power play for Quad City, putting them up 3-1. He was assisted by Joe McKeown and Tommy Tscios. Shortly after Pensacola pulled Brian Billett for an extra attacker, Sean Kacerosky scored unassisted on the empty net making it 4-1 Quad City.
Tonight was Manny Gialedakis' first game of his three game contract with the Ice Flyers.
The Ice Flyers will travel to Peoria, Illinois for their game against the Rivermen tomorrow night at 7:15 PM CST.
Fans who were in attendance for the game held on Friday, November 16 are encouraged to hold on to their tickets. SMG is going to provide a voucher for a free food item or non-alcoholic beverage. Fans can redeem this voucher at the Pensacola Bay Center Box Office starting on Monday, November 19. This voucher will be valid for any Ice Flyers regular season game for the 2018-19 season beginning with the game on Wednesday, November 21.
Friday, November 30 is Tampa Bay Lightning Night sponsored by Dr. Donald Dewey! Puck drops at 7:35 PM! The Ice Flyers welcome back Lightning mascot Thunderbug and a few of the Lightning Girls. Former Tampa Bay Lightning Captain, Hall of Famer and Stanley Cup Champion Dave Andreychuk will also be in attendance!
• Discuss this story on the Southern Professional Hockey League message board...
Southern Professional Hockey League Stories from November 23, 2018
- Roanoke Rockets Past Huntsville, 4-2 - Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs
- Ice Flyers Fall to the Storm, 4-1 - Pensacola Ice Flyers
- Mayhem Shut out for First Time of the Season - Macon Mayhem
- Unbeaten Bulls Increase Lead in SPHL Standings - Birmingham Bulls
- Lubin Nets Second Goal of the Year in 4-2 Loss - Evansville Thunderbolts
- Rivermen Hold off ThunderBolts Friday - Peoria Rivermen
- Preview: Mayhem at Birmingham Bulls (Game 13) - Macon Mayhem
- Rail Yard Dawgs Game Notes: Rail Yard Dawgs (4-5-0) at Havoc (4-5-1) - 7:00 PM CST - Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs
- SPHL Announces Suspension - SPHL
- Marksmen Comeback for Seconds, Down Roanoke 4-2 on Thanksgiving - Fayetteville Marksmen
- Havoc Drop Thanksgiving Game at Home to Knoxville 5-3 - Huntsville Havoc
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.