Ice Flyers earn 7-0 road win
Pensacola, Fla. - The Pensacola Ice Flyers came off an impressive 7-0 road win last night versus the Mississippi RiverKings with rookie goalie Ross MacKinnon getting his first career shutout. Pensacola hosted the game tonight at the Pensacola Bay Center and it was the RiverKings going away with the win tonight, 4-3, redeeming themselves from being shut out the night before.
Pensacola outshot Mississippi 43-33. Only one minor penalty was called on each team throughout the game and neither one was able to score with the man advantage.
During the first frame, RiverKings Jeremy Dawes started the scoring off. Seven minutes later, Patrick Gaul put the puck past Ice Flyers goalie MacKinnon to put his team ahead 2-0.
In the second period, the Ice Flyers Ryan Raven helped his team get back in the game by getting the puck past RiverKings goalie David Wilson. A couple minutes later, the Ice Flyers captain Leo Thomas scored a goal to tie the game at two. The RiverKings Todd Hosmer then scored to take a 3-2 lead. Just a minute and a half left in the second, Ice Flyers Jeremy Gates scored to tie the game 3-3.
The third frame, both teams came out ready to break the tie, and it would be the RiverKings Darrell Stoddard that crashed the net and came up with the go-ahead goal that would also be the game winning goal.
The Mississippi RiverKings plays the Mississippi Surge at home at the Landers Center on Friday, Nov. 30 at 7:05 p.m.. The Pensacola Ice Flyers will be on the road to play the Louisiana IceGators at the Cajundome on Friday, Nov. 30 at 7:05 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the Southern Professional Hockey League message board...
Southern Professional Hockey League Stories from November 24, 2012
- Ice Flyers earn 7-0 road win - Pensacola Ice Flyers
- RiverHawks Unable to Triumph Over - Augusta RiverHawks
- RiverKings Notch First Road Win - Mississippi RiverKings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Pensacola Ice Flyers Stories
- Ice Flyers End Post-Season Run Following 4-3 Triple Overtime Loss to Ice Bears
- Ice Flyers Fall 6-2 in Game 1 against Ice Bears
- Challenge Round Preview: Knoxville Ice Bears vs. Pensacola Ice Flyers
- Ice Flyers Set 19-Man Playoff Roster
- Game 1 Tickets of 2018 Challenge Round on Sale at 10:00 a.m.