Ice and Target Chip Ganassi
INDIANAPOLIS, IN- The Indiana Ice invite fans to the Pepsi Coliseum on Friday, April 13th for "Sherwin Williams Night" as Target Chip Ganassi Racing's IndyCar Series drivers Dan Wheldon and Scott Dixon, along with Indy Pro Series driver Chris Festa, will be on hand as the Ice do battle with the Cedar Rapids RoughRiders at 7 p.m.
Target teammates Wheldon and Dixon will make a pit stop at Pepsi Coliseum after recently finishing 1-2 in the first race of the 2007 IndyCar Series season Saturday, March 25th at Homestead-Miami Speedway.
Wheldon has quickly become a fan favorite in his brief five-year career with 12 wins, including an Indianapolis 500 victory and a 2005 IndyCar Series Driver's Championship title. Wheldon joined Target Chip Ganassi Racing in 2006 and continued his dominance as he finished second in the 2006 Championship.
Teammate Dixon has enjoyed success of his own since coming to the IndyCar Series with Target Chip Ganassi Racing in 2003. The racing veteran has recorded six career wins and won the 2003 IndyCar Series Driver's Championship in his first season.
Chris Festa joined the Target Team's new Indy Pro Series program this season and started the year off with a pole position and second place finish in his first race for the team at Homestead-Miami Speedway. This is his third season of IPS competition after six top-five finishes in 2005 as a rookie and two more top-five finishes in 2006.
Fans will have the opportunity to meet the three Indy Racing League drivers for an autograph session during the first intermission of the game.
The main event of "Sherwin Williams Night" begins at 7 p.m. when the homestanding Ice face-off with a tough Cedar Rapids squad that is currently battling with rival Waterloo for first place in the East Division. Fans will have the chance to win prize packages and special offers throughout the evening courtesy of Sherwin Williams.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from April 7, 2007
- RoughRider Alum Abdelkader Scores Game Winner as Michigan State Wins National Title - Cedar Rapids RoughRiders
- Musketeers Rally Past Lancers in Sioux City - Omaha Lancers
- Clean Sweep - Waterloo Black Hawks
- RoughRiders Drop Ice 4-1 - Cedar Rapids RoughRiders
- Bucs fall in Lincoln 6-5 - Des Moines Buccaneers
- Ice and Target Chip Ganassi - Indiana Ice
- He Who Scores Last Scores Best - Waterloo Black Hawks
- RoughRiders Rally Past Green Bay 3-2 - Cedar Rapids RoughRiders
- Race For The Top Tightens As Sioux Falls Stops Lancers - Omaha Lancers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.