Hurricanes' Elmer Named WHL On the Run Player of the Week
March 4, 2019 - Western Hockey League (WHL) News Release
Calgary, Alta. - The Western Hockey League announced today that Lethbridge Hurricanes forward Jake Elmer has been named the WHL On the Run Player of the Week for the week ending March 3, 2019.
Elmer recorded 10 points (5G-5A) and a plus-nine rating in four games this week as the Hurricanes went 3-1-0-0 after circling the East Division. The collection of points over the past week has also extended Elmer's goal streak to 13-straight games with 27 points (16G-11A).
Tuesday against Saskatoon, Elmer scored the Hurricanes second goal and assisted on their fourth goal, both at even strength to earn the third star of the game. On Wednesday night in Prince Albert, Elmer aided the Hurricanes in a 5-4 overtime victory with two goals and one assist, all at even strength. For his efforts in both games, Elmer was awarded the third star of the game.
Elmer's success continued on Friday when playing the Moose Jaw Warriors. Scoring Lethbridge's first goal shorthanded as well helping with two even-strength assists, Elmer was given the second star of the game as the Hurricanes defeated the Warriors 5-0. On Saturday, Elmer put up two points in the form of one even-strength goal and one even-strength assist, beating the Regina Pats 4-1.
With 73 points (36G-37A) in 63 games, Elmer sits in 16th place in WHL scoring this season among all WHL players. Over the 2018-19 WHL Regular season, Elmer has totalled four power-play goals, five short-handed goals and six game-winning goals.
Elmer was selected in the sixth round, 116th overall, at the 2013 WHL Bantam Draft by the Regina Pats. In 199 career WHL regular season games, Elmer has tallied 126 points (61G-65A), including eight power-play goals, six short-handed goals and eight game-winning goals.
Returning to action Wednesday, March 6 (7:00 p.m. MT), Elmer and the Hurricanes will host the Brandon Wheat Kings at the Enmax Centre.
WHL On the Run Player of the Week
Feb. 25 - March 3: Jake Elmer, Lethbridge Hurricanes
Feb. 18 - Feb 24: Brayden Tracey, Moose Jaw Warriors
Feb. 11 - Feb. 17: Stelio Mattheos, Brandon Wheat Kings
Feb. 4 - Feb. 10: Cole Fonstad, Prince Albert Raiders
Jan. 28 - Feb. 3: Connor Dewar, Everett Silvertips
Jan. 21 - Jan. 27: Justin Almeida, Moose Jaw Warriors
Jan. 14 - Jan. 20: Justin Almeida, Moose Jaw Warriors
Jan. 7 - Jan. 13: Bowen Byram, Vancouver Giants
Dec. 31 - Jan. 6: Noah Philp, Seattle Thunderbirds
Dec. 27 - Dec. 30: Noah Gregor, Prince Albert Raiders
Dec. 10 - Dec. 16: Dante Hannoun, Victoria Royals
Dec. 3 - Dec. 9: Jett Woo, Moose Jaw Warriors
Nov. 26 - Dec. 2: Cody Glass, Portland Winterhawks
Nov. 19 - Nov. 25: Brett Leason, Prince Albert Raiders
Nov. 12 - Nov. 18: Tristin Langan, Moose Jaw Warriors
Nov. 5 - Nov. 11: Riley Woods, Spokane Chiefs
Oct. 29 - Nov. 4: Joachim Blichfeld, Portland Winterhawks
Oct. 22 - Oct. 28: Alexander Alexeyev, Red Deer Rebels
Oct. 15 - Oct. 21: Mark Kastelic, Calgary Hitmen
Oct. 8 - Oct. 14: Brett Leason, Prince Albert Raiders
Oct. 1 - Oct. 7: Dawson Davidson, Saskatoon Blades
Sept. 24 - Sept. 30: Luka Burzan, Brandon Wheat Kings
Sept. 21 - Sept. 23: Kirby Dach, Saskatoon Blades
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from March 4, 2019
- Blades Unveil Don Cherry Jerseys for Charity - Saskatoon Blades
- Cranbrook Colts Jersey Silent Auction Available Online Today - Kootenay Ice
- Canes Chatter - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Kelowna Rockets Host Don Cherry Game Saturday - Kelowna Rockets
- Wolf Named Eli Wilson Goaltending Western Hockey League Goaltender of the Week for the Fifth Time this Season - Everett Silvertips
- Silvertips' Wolf Named WHL Eli Wilson Goaltending Goaltender of the Week - WHL
- Hurricanes' Elmer Named WHL On the Run Player of the Week - WHL
- Americans Fall 6-3 to Thunderbirds - Tri-City Americans
- T-Birds Double up Americans and Extend Wild Card Playoff Lead - Seattle Thunderbirds
- ICE Fall 6-2 to Hitmen - Kootenay Ice
- Rockets Rebound to Beat Portland - Kelowna Rockets
- Silvertips Clinch Third Consecutive and 7th U.S. Division Title - Everett Silvertips
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.