Home Runs Derail Dust Devils
The Tri-City Dust Devils (7-13, 25-33) could not sustain an early lead on Wednesday night as the team fell 5-2 to the Vancouver Canadians (13-7, 32-26). Otto Lopez and Tanner Kirwer hit back-to-back home runs for the Canadians in the bottom of the fifth inning, giving them a lead they would not relinquish.
Both of Tri-City's runs came in the top of the third inning. Once again it was Tucupita Marcano that delivered for the Dust Devils. Marcano singled to drive in the first run of the game and a sacrifice fly from Dwanya Williams-Sutton allowed Grant Little to score the second run of the inning. Tri-City's starting pitcher Sam Keating suffered the loss. Keating surrendered all five of Vancouver's runs in 5.2 innings of work.
Coverage of Thursday's series finale against the Canadians will be online only. The broadcast will be available starting at 12:50 pm at dustdevilsbaseball.com or via the TuneIn app. Left-hander Omar Cruz will start the rubber match. Vancouver will counter with left-hander Nick Allgeyer. The team will return home on Friday to begin a six-game homestand. Friday's game against the Everett AquaSox will be Faith Night. It will also be a CO-Energy $1 Family Feast Night. Hot dogs, ice cream sandwiches, bags of potato chips and 12 ounce Coca-Cola products will be $1 all night long. Tickets are available by calling the Dust Devils' front office at (509) 544-8789 or by going to www.dustdevilsbaseball.com to purchase tickets.
Images from this story
Tri-City Dust Devils confer on the mound
• Discuss this story on the Northwest League message board...
Northwest League Stories from August 16, 2018
- C's shutout 6-0 in series finale vs. Tri-City - Vancouver Canadians
- Home Runs Derail Dust Devils - Tri-City Dust Devils
- AquaSox Snap Three-Game Skid - Everett AquaSox
- Boise Falls 6-3 to Salem-Keizer - Boise Hawks
- Road Dogs Win Again, 5-3 at Eugene - Hillsboro Hops
- Comeback Falls Short, Ems Lose Series - Eugene Emeralds
- C's Bounce Back vs. Tri-City; Top Dust Devils 5-2 - Vancouver Canadians
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.