Hildebrand Makes 43 Saves to Hold off Stingrays
NORTH CHARLESTON, S.C. - Goaltender Jake Hildebrand led the Indy Fuel (20-40-3-3) to a 4-1 victory over the South Carolina Stingrays (36-27-2-1) on Sunday afternoon at the North Charleston Coliseum, making a total of 43 saves.
Andrew Cherniwchan scored the only goal of the game for the Stingrays, while Adam Carlson got the start in goal and stopped 20 shots for South Carolina in the loss.
Indy got out in front right away, scoring twice in the first three minutes of the game. First, former Stingray forward Nick Bligh picked up some revenge on his former team with his 12th goal of the year before Josh Shalla added to the lead at 2:45, making it 2-0.
Andrew Cherniwchan responded and got the Rays on the board with his 10th goal of the season and made it 2-1 at 6:23 of the first. Assists on the goal were credited to Kevin Dufour and Joey Leach.
But Michael Neal managed to put the Fuel back in front by two goals before the end of the first period, scoring with just 19 seconds remaining in the frame to make it 3-1.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 26, 2017
- Kilar Wins Pro Debut as Admirals Upset Walleye - Norfolk Admirals
- Hildebrand Makes 43 Saves to Hold off Stingrays - South Carolina Stingrays
- Reading Royals Transactions: Flanagan (D) and Mann (D) Released from ATOs - Reading Royals
- Game Preview: Orlando Solar Bears at Brampton Beast - Orlando Solar Bears
- Mallards Game Day - Quad City Mallards
- Paws and Pucks Converge at First Arena - Elmira Jackals
- Monarchs Game Day Capsule - Manchester Monarchs
- Aces Again Outshoot Rush, Fall 5-2 Saturday - Alaska Aces
- Rush Win Second against Aces - Rapid City Rush
- Faragher Stops 41 Shots as Grizzlies Top Eagles, 4-1 - Colorado Eagles
- Two-Goal Lead Slips Away in OT Loss at Missouri - Wichita Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.