Herd Puts Lakeland Under a Spell
OSHKOSH, Wis. - The Wisconsin Herd, the NBA G League affiliate of the Milwaukee Bucks, beat the Lakeland Magic 104-103. The Herd was down by 11 points but battled back to tie the game with 20 seconds left. The Magic knocked down a two but Terry Larrier answered by hitting a three-point buzzer-beater to win the game for the Herd 104-103.
The Herd was led by Terry Larrier with 22 points while Lindell Wigginton added 20 points. Rayjon Tucker posted a double-double with 17 points and 12 rebounds.
The Magic was led by Jeff Dowtin and Aleem Ford with 24 points each.
Neither team scored for the first two minutes of the fourth quarter till Rayjon Tucker hit a two to put the Herd down 89-77. The Herd came within six points, 89-83, until the Magic increased their lead to 94-83 with four minutes left. The Herd battled back to tie the game after a layup from Lindell Wigginton. The Magic answered with a two-pointer, but Terry Larrier hit a three to secure the win for the Herd 104-103.
The Herd scored five points to trail 64-61 at the start of the third quarter. The Magic answered with an 8-0 run to go up 72-61. The Herd came within seven points, but the Magic held on to lead at the end of the third quarter 89-75.
The Herd scored nine points at the beginning of the second quarter to bring them down by nine 41-32. The Herd went on a 15-7 run to trail by one with four minutes left in the quarter. Javin DeLaurier threw down an emphatic dunk to put the Herd up by one with 3:17 left in the second quarter. The Magic converted a free throw to take the lead back by one and stayed on top till half, 62-56. Terry Larrier and Lindell Wigginton led the Herd with 13 points each.
The Magic started the game outscoring the Herd 21-8. Neither team scored for over a minute and a half until Terry Larrier made a free-throw. The Magic led at the end of the first quarter 36-23. Lindell Wigginton led the Herd with eight points.
The Wisconsin Herd will rematch the Lakeland Magic at Oshkosh Arena on Thursday, January 20th at 7:00 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 19, 2022
- Four Nets Notch Double-Doubles in Loss to Mad Ants - Long Island Nets
- Sluggish 2nd Quarter Sinks Maine - Maine Celtics
- Herd Puts Lakeland Under a Spell - Wisconsin Herd
- Long Island Nets Waive Talib Zanna - Long Island Nets
- Windy City Outlasts Raptors 905, Oturu and Lindsey Combine for 50 Points - Windy City Bulls
- Windy City Acquires Henri Drell - Windy City Bulls
- Seven Players in Double Figures as Clippers Cruise past Iowa - Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario
- Iowa Wolves Drop First Regular Season Game - Iowa Wolves
- Stars Defend Homecourt in Victory over Hustle - Salt Lake City Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wisconsin Herd Stories
- The Herd Gives Back to the Community
- Wisconsin Herd Announces Initial Six Home Dates for Fifth Anniversary Season
- Wisconsin Herd Raises over $12,000 for Local Charities
- Wisconsin Herd Awarded Inaugural President's Choice Award and President Steve Brandes Named Executive of the Year
- Milwaukee Bucks Sign Rayjon Tucker