Herd Drains the Charge
OSHKOSH, Wis. - The Wisconsin Herd, the NBA G League affiliate of the Milwaukee Bucks, beat the Cleveland Charge 121-113. The Herd dominated the second half scoring 66 points while keeping the Charge to 51. After being down by 12 the Herd battled back to take the lead in the third quarter. The two teams stayed close together resulting in two lead changes in the fourth quarter. With one minute left, the Herd was up by three and outscored the Charge 7-2 to win the game 121-113.
Jalen Lecque led the Herd with 25 points while Tremont Waters added 22 points. Jemerrio Jones led both teams with 15 rebounds.
RJ Nembhard Jr. led the Charge with 36 points and Mitch Ballock posted 23 points.
The Charge started the game with a 10-3 run, but the Herd battled back to come within four, 17-13. Rayjon Tucker threw down a dunk to put the Herd up 25-24 with 20 seconds left in the first quarter. The Herd held on to the lead to end the quarter, 27-24.
The Charge went up 33-32, but Javin DeLaurier answered with a massive dunk to put the Herd back up 34-33. The Charge came back to tie the game 43-43 with six minutes left in the quarter. The Charge held on to the lead outscoring the Herd 19-12 to be on top at the end of the half, 62-55. Tremont Waters and Wenyen Gabriel led the Herd with nine points each at half.
Tremont Waters hit back-to-back threes to put the Herd down by six with eight minutes left in the third quarter. The Charge built their lead up to eight points, but the Herd came back again to be within two with two minutes left in the quarter. Jalen Lecque hit a two-point basket to tie the game 83-83. The Charge answered but Jalen Lecque had back-to-back two-pointers to put the Herd up 87-85 at the end of the third quarter.
The Charge tied the game 87-87, but Terry Larrier answered with a three-point play to keep the Herd in the lead. The Herd built their lead with a 9-2 run to advance them to a 96-89 lead. Terry Larrier hit back-to-back two-point shots to put the Herd up by eight with eight and a half minutes left in the game. The Charge battled back to tie the game 103-103 with five and a half minutes left in the fourth quarter. Rayjon Tucker converted a free throw to advance the Herd, 105-103. The Herd stayed ahead by two points until they secured the win, 121-113.
The Wisconsin Herd will play again at home on Saturday, January 29 against the Greensboro Swarm with tip-off set for 7:00 p.m. CT.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 27, 2022
- Force Not Enough Down the Stretch, Drops 119-97 Contest to Austin - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Coats Collect Fourth Straight Win, Swat Swarm - Delaware Blue Coats
- Santa Cruz Loses to Rio Grande Valley, 126-111 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Long Island Nets Acquire Treveon Graham - Long Island Nets
- Knicks Sneak by Go-Go in Overtime; 115-112 - Westchester Knicks
- Celtics Hold off Rally to Beat Mad Ants - Maine Celtics
- Maine Tops Fort Wayne to Split Series - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Herd Drains the Charge - Wisconsin Herd
- Tough Defense Lifts Birmingham Past Oklahoma City - Birmingham Squadron
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wisconsin Herd Stories
- Wisconsin Herd Announces Initial Six Home Dates for Fifth Anniversary Season
- Wisconsin Herd Raises over $12,000 for Local Charities
- Wisconsin Herd Awarded Inaugural President's Choice Award and President Steve Brandes Named Executive of the Year
- Milwaukee Bucks Sign Rayjon Tucker
- Herd Loses Hard-Fought Comeback