Henry Wins Canadian Premier League's 2020 Golden Glove Award
The Canadian Premier League (CPL) announced Thursday that Forge FC's Triston Henry has won the 2020 Golden Glove, awarded to the goalkeeper voted to be the best at this position based on performance and overall support for their Club. The winners of the 2020 CPL Awards were selected by a judging panel comprised of media writers and reporters from across Canada.
Henry, 27, started all but one of Forge FC's 11 CPL matches in 2020 at The Island Games, recording a league-best five clean sheets including three consecutive shutouts to finish the season. In addition, he ranked first in the CPL among goaltenders in 2020 appearances (10), minutes (900) and recoveries (tie-79), second in saves (23) and third in punches (tie-4).
Henry's efforts were capped by a 2-0 clean sheet win over HFX Wanderers FC in the 2020 CPL Final, helping Forge FC bring home back-to-back North Star Shields. The 6-0 native of Scarborough, Ontario has yet to concede a goal in CPL championship play dating back to the two-leg Final in 2019 against Cavalry FC where he recorded a pair of 1-0 clean sheet wins.
All awards take into account the nominees' performance for the full Canadian Premier League 2020 season from August 13 to September 19, 2020. Henry's category included finalists Christian Oxner from HFX Wanderers FC and Callum Irving from Pacific FC.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Premier League message board...
Canadian Premier League Stories from November 26, 2020
- Akeem Garcia Wins 2020 Golden Boot - HFX Wanderers FC
- Stephen Hart Named Coach of the Year - HFX Wanderers FC
- Canadian Premier League Announces 2020 Award Winners - CPL
- Bekker Named Canadian Premier League's 2020 Player of the Year - Forge FC
- Henry Wins Canadian Premier League's 2020 Golden Glove Award - Forge FC
- Valour FC Announce Return of Defender Arnold Bouka Moutou - Valour FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.