Heat Take Down Lancers 13-3
The Harrisburg Heat defeated the Rochester Lancers 13-3 on Sunday evening at the Farm Show Arena. The Heat were led by a pair of hat tricks from Dom Francis and JJ Gibson. Also contributing goals for the Heat were Dave Mellor with two and one each from Elton de Oliveira, Daniel Villela, Tavoy Morgan, Ty Hall and Patrick Thompson. Malcolm Harris recorded three assists while Danny DiPrima and Tom Mellor each had two assists. Goalkeeper William Banahene got the win in goal with seven saves in the game.
Rochester Lancer goals were scored by Anthony Rozzano, Frankie Ciliberto and Peter Dilorenzo. Marcelo Moreira had eleven saves in the goal for the Lancers.
The victory improves the Heat's record to seven wins and three losses and puts the Heat in a tie for second place in the Eastern Conference. The top four teams in the conference advance to the playoffs.
The Heat once again play two games at home next weekend. On Friday, the Heat kick off against the San Diego Sockers at 7:35 P.M. The Baltimore Blast come to the Farm Show Arena on Sunday with a 5:05 P.M. start time.
For ticket information go to www.harrisburgheat.com or contact [email protected]
• Discuss this story on the Major Arena Soccer League message board...
Major Arena Soccer League Stories from January 20, 2020
- Wave Returns to Win Column After Defeating Rival Kansas City Comets in Overtime Thriller - Milwaukee Wave
- Blast Defeat Sonora 7-3 - Baltimore Blast
- Comets Fall in Overtime at Milwaukee - Kansas City Comets
- Sidekicks Take on Turlock in California - Dallas Sidekicks
- Heat Take Down Lancers 13-3 - Harrisburg Heat
- Sockers Use Fast Start to Push Past Mesquite 5-3 - San Diego Sockers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.