Hat Tricks Trounce Generals in Testy Game
DANBURY, CT - The Danbury Hat Tricks snapped a three-game losing streak on Saturday when they battled the Northeast Generals. The Hat Tricks tied a season-high with six goals at home, and eventually beat the Generals 6-1.
"We were intense right off the hop tonight, noticed head coach Billy McCreary. "That intensity for 60 minutes made this one of the most complete games we have played this year."
The first period opened slow for both teams on the scoreboard, as both teams failed to score in the first ten minutes of the contest. But Danbury would eventually breakthrough on a delayed penalty. Boris Skalos (8) took a pass from Mike Salandra and spun one home to take a 1-0 lead. Robert Hyde was credited with the second assist on the tally.
The second period was one of Danbury's best throughout the whole season, putting up four in the frame. Joshua Burke (4), Logan Nickerson (1), Andrew Eberling (4), and Gabe Dombrowski (14) all lit the lamp in the middle frame, making it 5-0 entering the third.
Three of the goals were on the power-play and the goal for Nickerson was his first in the North American Hockey League.
"Nicky has been one of our more impactful players over the past few weeks," said head coach Billy McCreary. "He is starting to get the results for himself and here for his team."
The Hat Tricks power-play has been a recent point of emphasis for Danbury, jumping from 4.3% to 13.3% over the last two weeks.
The third period got testy, but the teams traded goals en-route to our 6-1 final score.
Josh Seeley was stellar in net for the Hat Tricks, making 36 saves on 37 shots. The lone goal was in the third period, spoiling his chance for a shutout.
The Hat Tricks will have next weekend off before heading back to Northeast for their 6th and 7th straight games against the Generals.
The Hat Tricks will return home on the 4th and 5th of February to battle the Jamestown Rebels.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from January 15, 2022
- Bugs Shutout Rays & Earn Much Needed Sweep - Shreveport Mudbugs
- Sam Evola Earns Shutout; Hawks Top Rebels - Johnstown Tomahawks
- Hat Tricks Trounce Generals in Testy Game - Danbury Jr. Hat Tricks
- Jacks Lose to Brahmas in a Shootout, 5-4 - Odessa Jackalopes
- Balanced Attack Leads Titans to 3-1 Win over Nordiques - New Jersey Titans
- Danbury Wraps up Weekend with Northeast - Danbury Jr. Hat Tricks
- Wings Fall Friday 5-2 - Aberdeen Wings
- Bulls' Offense Put on Ice in 4-1 Loss at Minotauros - North Iowa Bulls
- Salani's Multi-Goal Night Propels Bruins to 6-3 Victory - Austin Bruins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.