Hamilton Bulldogs Sign Jonathan Melee
HAMILTON, ONTARIO. Hamilton Bulldogs President & General Manager, Steve Staios announced today the signing of forward Jonathan Melee to a Standard Players Agreement.
Drafted in the 2nd round (21st overall) in the 2020 OHL Priority Selection Draft, Melee skated in 31 regular season games with the Rockland Nationals (HEOMAAA) this past season collecting 37 points (nine goals, 28 assists). His 1.19 points-per-game ranked third in the league among 2004- born skaters. Melee also had the opportunity to skate in three CCHL games with Rockland during which he added one assist. Earlier this season, Melee was named one of three finalists for the HEOMAAA Prospect of the Year, an award that Bulldogs 1st round pick Jorian Donovan ended up winning.
"We are excited to officially welcome Jonathan to the Hamilton Bulldogs, " added President & General Manager, Steve Staios. "Jonathan was a player that our scouts were continuously excited about throughout the course of the season. His blend of skill and competitiveness allow for great potential. I'm confident our fans will enjoy watching Jonathan's growth here in Hamilton."
For more information on Hamilton Bulldogs 2020-21 season tickets, flex packs or single game tickets call 905-529-8500 or visit hamiltonbulldogs.com.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from April 23, 2020
- Mathurin Comes on Board - North Bay Battalion
- Otters Receive Commitment from Second Round Pick Lucas Ross - Erie Otters
- Hamilton Bulldogs Sign Jonathan Melee - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Owen Bennett Named 2019-20 Paul Fendley Scholastic Player of the Year Award/Bobby Smith Trophy Nominee - Guelph Storm
- Ivan Tennant Named 2019-20 Ivan Tennant Memorial Award Nominee - Guelph Storm
- Eric Uba the Roger Neilson Memorial Award Nominee - Guelph Storm
- Chicago Blackhawks AHL Affiliate Rockford Signs DJ Busdeker - Saginaw Spirit
- Aidan Dudas Earns Dan Snyder Memorial Award for Positive Outlook - Owen Sound Attack
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.