Growlers Re-Sign James Melindy
ST. JOHN'S, NL - The Newfoundland Growlers, Proud affiliate of the Toronto Maple Leafs announced today that they have re-signed team Captain and Goulds Native, James Melindy to a one-year, ECHL contract.
Melindy, 25, appeared in 55 games last season with the Newfoundland Growlers where he picked up 16 points (4 goals, 12 assists) and recorded 185 penalty minutes. The Goulds native was a steady presence on the Growlers blueline throughout the 2019 Kelly Cup Playoffs and recorded one assist in 23 post-season games.
James was drafted 88th overall by the Phoenix Coyotes in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft.
Images from this story
Newfoundland Growlers captain James Melindy hoists the Kelly Cup
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from July 11, 2019
- Skilled Defenseman Beaudry Signs with Royals - Reading Royals
- Mavericks Acquire Offensive Defenseman John Furgele in Futures Trade with Atlanta - Kansas City Mavericks
- Steelheads Name Everett Sheen as Franchise's Eighth Head Coach - Idaho Steelheads
- Rays Unveil Updated Cool Ray's Kids Club for 2019-20 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Nailers Re-Sign Lucas Kohls - Wheeling Nailers
- Hershey Bears Sign Tommy Hughes to AHL Contract - South Carolina Stingrays
- Growlers Re-Sign James Melindy - Newfoundland Growlers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.