Greensboro Completes Trade with Oklahoma City
(GREENSBORO, N.C.) - The Greensboro Swarm, the NBA G League affiliate of the Charlotte Hornets, today announced that the team completed a trade with the Oklahoma City Blue (Oklahoma City Thunder affiliate). The Swarm acquired the returning player rights to KJ McDaniels in exchange for the returning player rights to Zach Smith and the Stockton Kings (Sacramento Kings affiliate) first-round pick in the 2020 NBA G League Draft.
McDaniels, 27, most recently (2018-19) played for TNT KaTropa in the Philippine Basketball Association. He averaged 35.0 points, 13.5 rebounds, 4.4 assists, 3.4 blocks and 1.4 steals in 46.2 minutes per game.
McDaniels was drafted by the Philadelphia 76ers in the second round of the 2014 NBA Draft out of Clemson University. Since then, the Birmingham, Alabama, native has played for the 76ers (2014-15), Houston Rockets (2015-17) and Brooklyn Nets (2017). He has G League experience with the Rio Grande Valley Vipers (Houston Rockets affiliate, 2015-16), Grand Rapids Drive (Detroit Pistons affiliate, 2017-18) and Oklahoma City Blue (2018-19).
Smith, 24, appeared in 44 games with the Swarm in 2018-19. He averaged 4.8 points, 5.4 rebounds and 1.3 assists in 18.9 minutes per game.
The Kings' first-round pick was acquired by the Swarm on February 4, in a trade that sent Robert Franks to Stockton.
The trade is not subject to any player passing a physical.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 22, 2020
- Skyhawks Use Big Fourth Quarter to Pick up Win over Erie - College Park Skyhawks
- Vipers Fall Short to Memphis at Home - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Hustle Sweep Lone Star State, Defeat Vipers 116-113 - Memphis Hustle
- Balanced Attack Leads Skyforce Past Blue - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Greensboro Drops Home Game to Capital City - Greensboro Swarm
- Lakers Gaming Drafts Three Players to Fill 2020 Roster - South Bay Lakers
- McCallum Ties Career High, Bulls Close out Suns 109-95 - Windy City Bulls
- Led by Lecque, Resilient Suns Just Fall at Windy City - Northern Arizona Suns
- Greensboro Completes Trade with Oklahoma City - Greensboro Swarm
- Detroit Pistons Sign Donta Hall to a 10-Day Contract - Grand Rapids Drive
- Timberwolves Assign Jacob Evans III to G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves - Iowa Wolves
- Red Claws' Rally Falls Short - Maine Red Claws
- Blue Coats Acquire Dennis Clifford - Delaware Blue Coats
- Payne Puts up 33 But Vipers Strike in Second Half - Texas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Greensboro Swarm Stories
- Charlotte Hornets Foundation Announces Multi-Faceted Plan to Assist with COVID-19 Relief
- Swarm in NBA 2KL Three for All Showdown
- Hornets Sports & Entertainment, HSE Ownership and Charlotte Hornets Players Team up to Establish Fund for Hourly Employees
- Hornets Recall Dwayne Bacon from the Greensboro Swarm
- Greensboro Swarm Adds Jeff Roberson to Roster