Green Bay Booyah Season Ends in Fond du Lac
Ashwaubenon, WI - The Green Bay Booyah, making their first playoff appearance in 5 years, fell to the Dock Spiders 9-4 at Herr-Baker Field in Fond Du Lac.
The Booyah scored first in the game as Nick Santoro came around to score on a wild pitch in the second inning. Fond du Lac answered right back scoring one of their own in the bottom of the second.
The Booyah held a 4-3 lead going into the bottom of the 7th inning thanks to a formidable performance by starting pitcher Jack Mahoney (UW-Milwaukee). After retiring the first batter of the 7th, Mahoney gave up a bunt single to the last man he faced. Mahoney wound up going 6.1 innings in his final appearance of the season. Coming on in relief, Jack Sauser (Northwestern) was unable to retire a batter he faced and the Dock Spiders took the lead for good as they plated 4 runs in the 7th.
Fond Du Lac scored two more in the bottom of the 8th to round out the scoring in the game. The Booyah finished the 2020 campaign with a 18 - 29 record.
Images from this story
Green Bay Booyah pitcher Jack Mahoney
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from August 22, 2020
- Larks Come up Clutch in Doubleheader - Bismarck Larks
- Kingfish Close 2020 Kenosha Series with 8-5 WIn - Kenosha Kingfish
- Spitters Defeat Resorters - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Booyah! Fondy Advances to Pod Championship with Comeback Victory - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Green Bay Booyah Season Ends in Fond du Lac - Green Bay Booyah
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Green Bay Booyah Stories
- Booyah and Beer Pick-Up Special for Saturday, October 24th
- Special Rocky's Kid's Pack Available Now
- Green Bay BOO-Yah to Host Halloween Trick-Or-Treat Event at Capital Credit Union Park
- Booyah Succeed at Providing Community with Safe Summer Entertainment
- Green Bay Booyah to Host Wine Dinner September 17th