Go-Go Acquire Michael Orris Via Available Player Pool
The Capital City Go-Go, the NBA G League affiliate of the Washington Wizards, acquired Michael Orris via the available player pool today to fill the roster spot of Chris Chiozza, who is currently with Team USA Men's Basketball FIBA World Cup Qualifying.
Orris is a 6-3, 195 pound guard from South Dakota State, who most recently played for the Fort Wayne Mad Ants this season. The 24-year old has played 21 games in the NBA G League over the past year with the Agua Caliente Clippers and Fort Wayne Mad Ants, averaging 2.0 points and 3.1 assists per game. Orris' most notable performance came as a member of the Agua Caliente Clippers last January, where he dished 13 assists off the bench against the Santa Cruz Warriors.
Orris began his collegiate career at Kansas State before transferring to Northern Illinois for his sophomore and junior seasons. Orris finished his career at South Dakota State, where he averaged 8.1 points and 4.0 assists while shooting 48.6 percent from the floor. Orris will see his first Go-Go action when the team begins their post-All-Star Break slate in Florida against the Lakeland Magic on Wednesday, February 20 at 7:00 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 18, 2019
- Chemical Bank Takeover Night 2019 February 20th - Grand Rapids Drive
- Go-Go Acquire Michael Orris Via Available Player Pool - Capital City Go-Go
- Wisconsin Herd Adds Amjyot Singh - Wisconsin Herd
- Marcus Keene to Leave Memphis Hustle - Memphis Hustle
- Erie BayHawks Acquire Kameron Chatman - Erie BayHawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.