Gladiators to Hold Auditions for First Ever Dance Team
DULUTH, Ga. - The Atlanta Gladiators announced Monday that the team will hold auditions for a new dance team called the "Gladiator Girls' that will take place on August 18th.
"We are very excited to announce the plans for a new dance team," said Team President Scott Henrichsen. "This will add a whole new element to our game presentation that has been wildly successful throughout hockey and professional sports in general."
The inaugural Glads Girls dance team auditions will be held at the Infinite Energy Arena on Saturday, August 18. Check in will begin at 10:30am with no pre-registration required. Auditions will feature a special guest judge from the NBA's Atlanta Hawks Dance Team and the squad will be chosen by the conclusion of that day.
"Our new dance team will not just be girls dancing every now and again at our games," said Director of Game Day Operations Mary Whitener. "They will be an integral part of our game presentation and a fixture in our expanded community involvement. We are also going to intergrade a Junior Glads Girls program and events to have young girls be a part of our new team as well."
Girls looking to try-out to be a part of the first ever Gladiator Girls squad are asked to show up to the Infinite Energy Arena lobby for check-in dressed and ready to dance. The Gladiators are looking for females with previous dancing experience and availability for a majority of the team's home games this season and the occasional community appearance. The team will feature both girls doing strictly dancing and others will do both dancing and skating. Only a select few spots require ice skating ability with the majority being exclusively dancing. All girls must be at least 18 years of age.
For any questions about auditions or the dance team as a whole, please contact Mary Whitener at mwhitener@Atlantagladiators.com or call 770-497-5113.
The 16th season of Atlanta Gladiators hockey begins at the Infinite Energy Arena on Friday, October 19th against the Greenville Swamp Rabbits at 7:35 PM. For ticket information, visit the official team website at www.atlantagladiators.com or call the main office line at 770-497-5100.
The Gladiators are members of the ECHL, the nation's premier "AA" hockey league. All home games are played at the 10,867-seat Infinite Energy Arena, located just off I-85 on Sugarloaf Parkway in Duluth - where parking is always free. The Gladiators have established an unrivaled commitment to excellence, maintaining a distinctive reputation for affordable and family-friendly sports entertainment and consistently ranked as one of the top "Things To Do" in the Atlanta area and across the North Georgia region.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from August 2, 2018
- Grizzlies Sign Austin Carroll - Utah Grizzlies
- Fuel Add Defenseman Alex Brooks in Trade with Kansas City - Indy Fuel
- Forward Jakob Reichert Signs with Thunder - Adirondack Thunder
- Bowling Green Alum Stays in Northwest Ohio - Toledo Walleye
- Taylor Doherty Returns to Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- Mavericks Trade For, Sign Defenseman Riley Sweeney - Kansas City Mavericks
- Americans Sign Two as Shmyr and Foget Return - Allen Americans
- Oilers Re-Sign Drapluk for Third Season - Tulsa Oilers
- Gwinnett Stripers Set to Host Atlanta Gladiators Night - Atlanta Gladiators
- Nailers Announce Departure of Head Coach Mark Dennehy - Wheeling Nailers
- Fourth Year Pro D'Amico Re-Signs - Norfolk Admirals
- Swamp Rabbits Land Veteran Austen Brassard - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Gladiators to Hold Auditions for First Ever Dance Team - Atlanta Gladiators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Atlanta Gladiators Stories
- Late Game Heroics Earn Glads 4-2 Comeback Win in South Carolina
- McKenzie Recalled by Providence
- Bitzer's First Pro Shutout Gets Atlanta Back in the Win Column with 3-0 Thumping of Greenville
- Historic Point Streak Comes to an End with Home Loss to Newfoundland
- MacDonald Named Inglasco ECHL Player of the Week