Generals Stomp Komets 4-1
FLINT, MI -The Flint Generals came into Sunday afternoon's matchup with Fort Wayne winners of 5 of their last six homes games. The Generals were on their way to the 6th in 7 when Pascal Rheaume scored his first goal since opening night on a deflection from the point off the stick of Brandon Gentile on a Flint Generals powerplay at 12:54 of the first the Generals lead 1-0. They took that to the second until Sean O'Conner scored from Colin Chaulk and Konstantin Shafranov to tie the game at one at 8:25 of the second.
The game remained tied until Nate Ward scored on a rebound in the slot with only 24 seconds in the second period. That goal seemed to swing the momentum of the whole third period. John Mori and John Ronan added insurance markers as the Generals took a 4-1 lead and never looked back. The Goaltending of Rob Nolan was once again superb earning him first star honors for the second straight night. The Generals beat the Komets for the first time this year by a final score of 4-1.
The Generals are home once again on Wednesday night when they take on the Quad City Mallards at 7:30.
• Discuss this story on the International Hockey League 2 message board...
International Hockey League 2 Stories from December 27, 2009
- PrairieThunder Suffers Loss - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Bedard Hat Trick Leads Icehawks Past Gems - Port Huron Icehawks
- Mallards Drop Bloomington 3-1 - Quad City Mallards
- Dayton Gems Lose To Port Huron Icehawks 6 - 2 - Dayton Gems
- Generals Stomp Komets 4-1 - Flint Generals
- Lumberjacks Set To Cap Calendar Year Of 2009 By Staying In Top Spot - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Lumberjacks Weekly Notes - Muskegon Lumberjacks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Flint Generals Stories
- Generals Zvyagin on Shelf, Alban Signed as Emergency Backup
- Generals and Komets Prepare for Game 4 on Friday
- Generals Win Thriller in OT to Take Game 3
- Generals Prepared For Game 3 Of Turner Cup Finals At Home Tonight At 7pm
- Generals Defeat Muskegon In Game 7; Will Face Fort Wayne In Turner Cup Finals