Generals Sign Rick Smith
FLINT, MI - The Generals announced Wednesday, the signing of veteran left winger Rick Smith.
Smith played with the Generals during the 2006-07 season when the team was a member of the UHL. He scored three goals during eight games played. He participated in training camp for the Toledo Walleye earlier this fall.
Rick also played for the Birmingham Bulls and New Orleans Brass of the ECHL and the Motor City Mechanics of the UHL.
Defenseman Tyler Howells has been placed on the 30-Day injured reserve list.
• Discuss this story on the International Hockey League 2 message board...
International Hockey League 2 Stories from November 25, 2009
- Dayton Gems Tormented By Bloomington Prarie Thunder 5:3 - Dayton Gems
- PrairieThunder Posts Win - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Mallards Overcome Port Huron In Shootout, Extend Regulation Unbeaten Streak - Quad City Mallards
- Icehawks Fall In A Shootout In Quad City - Port Huron Icehawks
- Generals Game Postponed - Flint Generals
- Mallards Add Delbuono - Quad City Mallards
- Generals Sign Rick Smith - Flint Generals
- Generals Get Scarlato From Bloomington - Flint Generals
- Thunder Trades Scarlato - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Mallards To Meet Fans Next Monday Morning At Four Area Hardee's - Quad City Mallards
- Generals Team Up With Flint Community - Flint Generals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Flint Generals Stories
- Generals Zvyagin on Shelf, Alban Signed as Emergency Backup
- Generals and Komets Prepare for Game 4 on Friday
- Generals Win Thriller in OT to Take Game 3
- Generals Prepared For Game 3 Of Turner Cup Finals At Home Tonight At 7pm
- Generals Defeat Muskegon In Game 7; Will Face Fort Wayne In Turner Cup Finals