Generals Shutout Twins in Game Two of Series
Victoria, TX - The Victoria Generals split the series with the Texarkana Twins, defeating them 9-0 on Saturday night.
The Generals were on fire hitting the ball, as they recorded sixteen hits throughout the night. Marshall Skinner had a big game for the Generals, recording three RBI's on two hits. Anthony Jones recorded a two-run homerun in the bottom of the 4th, and had two RBI's on two hits. Dominic Cox, Thomas Jeffries, and Michael Williams all had one RBI each.
Kasey Kalich started the game for the Generals, and pitched extremely well, going 6.1 Innings and striking out ten and giving up only two hits and one walk. Matthew Swick, Zach Smith, and Hagan Hartman finished the game out, allowing no runs to the Twins hitters.
The Generals will be off Sunday and Monday, before hitting the road on Tuesday to begin a four-game series with the Texas Marshals. The Generals will be back at home on Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday taking on the Bombers and then the Twins.
• Discuss this story on the Texas Collegiate League message board...
Texas Collegiate League Stories from July 7, 2018
- Cane Cutters Dominate Bombers in Series Sweep - Acadiana Cane Cutters
- Bombers Fall to Cane Cutters - Brazos Valley Bombers
- Generals Shutout Twins in Game Two of Series - Victoria Generals
- Twins Split Series with Generals - Texarkana Twins
- Cane Cutters Streak Now at 8 Games - Acadiana Cane Cutters
- Twins Defeat Generals in Series Opener - Texarkana Twins
- Bombers Fall 4-3 to Acadiana - Brazos Valley Bombers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.