Gameday Preview: Storm Set to Host Chicago at Viaero Center
Kearney, NE. - The Tri-City Storm host the Chicago Steel in back to back games this weekend at the Viaero Center as the 1st place team in the USHL standings. In tonight's game, Tri-City will look to tie a season high for consecutive wins following victories in its last five games. The Storm return home tonight following three road victories against Central Illinois and Waterloo last weekend. Kids Tickets to tonight's game are $5, and puck drop is scheduled for 7:05pm. Tickets can be purchased online through the official team website www.stormhockey.com, or by calling the Viaero Center Box Office at 308-338-8144.
Tri-City (34-9-1-1) leads the Western Conference standings by a season high ten points following Sunday's 6-3 road win over Waterloo. In the win, Tri-City picked up three consecutive road wins in three consecutive days for the first time since the 2003-2004 Anderson Cup Championship season. Brendan Furry netted his 1st career hat trick to cap off a great weekend and was named USHL Forward of the Week on Monday. Also, in the game, Storm Captain Ronnie Attard scored a historic goal and also picked up USHL Player of the Week honors the following day. Attard was named the USHL's Defenseman of the Week for the 4th time this season after scoring his 20th goal of the year in Sunday's road win. Attard became the first defenseman in the USHL's Tier I history (2002-Present) to score 20 goals in a single year. With five games left this season against teams from the Eastern Conference, Tri-City currently holds an 11-1-0-1 record in cross conference games. Tri-City is 17-3-1-0 this season when playing at the Viaero Center.
Chicago (27-15-1-0) trails Eastern Conference leading Muskegon by twelve points but enters tonight's game as the 2nd place team in the conference standings. Chicago plays three games this weekend in Nebraska, travelling to Ralston on Sunday for a matchup against the Omaha Lancers following two road games against Tri-City to begin the weekend. The Steel have won seven of the last ten games and split a two game season series last year against the Storm at the Fox Valley Ice Arena in Geneva, IL. Chicago brings a high powered offense to Kearney tonight, with 169 goals scored this season, the Steel trail only Muskegon in scoring the most goals in the USHL this year.
Today's game is set to begin at 7:05pm CT, and will be streamed live on HockeyTV, and Storm Radio. For home game tickets, and additional information on the Tri-City Storm, visit www.StormHockey.com or call 308-338-8144.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from February 22, 2019
- Third Period Comeback Effort Falls Short, Dubuque Falls to CR 4-3 - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Tri-City Defeats Chicago 5-3 at Viaero Center - Tri-City Storm
- Musketeers' Struggles Against Stampede Continue - Sioux City Musketeers
- Stampede Roll over Musketeers 6-2 - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Tri-City Edges Chicago in Friday Night Duel - Chicago Steel
- Stars Fall 8-0 to Black Hawks - Lincoln Stars
- Hawks Fly High in Lincoln - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Muskegon's Offense Clicks Again vs Team USA U17s, Claim 7-3 Win - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Preview - Waterloo Black Hawks at Lincoln Stars - Lincoln Stars
- Gameday Preview: Storm Set to Host Chicago at Viaero Center - Tri-City Storm
- Weekend Primer: Fighting Saints Take on RoughRiders in Home and Home - Dubuque Fighting Saints
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.