Game Recap: Overagers Lead Raiders To Win Over Warriors (Raiders 4, Warriors 3)
Prince Albert, SK - Jordy Stallard and Curtis Miske both had three-point nights as the Prince Albert Raiders (16-19-6-2) took down the Moose Jaw Warriors (35-7-1-2) 4-3 on Saturday night at the Art Hauser Centre.
Stallard had two goals and an assist, while Miske scored a goal and assisted on two others to knock off the No. 2-ranked team in the CHL.
Stallard got the game's first goal with 4:24 to play in the period. Miske forced a turnover in the Warriors' end and got the puck to Stallard who wired it past Brody Willms to make it 1-0.
Early in the second, the Warriors tied it. Ryan Peckford deflected a Brett Howden shot past Curtis Meger to level the score at 1-1. The Raiders regained the lead on a power play later in the frame. Regan Nagy hit Miske with a cross-ice pass. Miske waited and went bar down to put the Raiders ahead 2-1 with 6:29 to play. Two minutes later, Justin Almeida tied the game again on a Warriors' man advantage. He was stationed in front of the net and took a pass from Brett Howden to make it a 2-2 game.
Less than a minute later, Stallard restored the Raiders' lead. Miske chipped the puck ahead to Stallard, sending the Winnipeg Jets draft pick in on Willms. Stallard snapped it past Willms to give the Raiders the 3-2 advantage after two periods.
The Raiders opened up a two-goal lead in the third. Kody McDonald deflected Stallard's shot past Willms on a power play at the 7:55 mark to put the Raiders up 4-2.
Late in the period, Jett Woo's point shot got through traffic and beat Meger to bring the Warriors back within one. However, a key block by Stallard in the dying seconds preserved the Raiders' lead and the win.
Meger stopped 19 shots to earn his sixth win of the year and second in as many starts. Willms stopped 22 Raider shots in the loss.
The Raiders are back at the Art Hauser Centre on Wednesday night to take on the Regina Pats. Puck drop is at 7 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from January 15, 2018
- RECAP: Everett 5 - Spokane 2 (1-13-18) - Everett Silvertips
- Giants Earn a Hard Fought 3-2 Win over Kelowna Saturday at Home - Vancouver Giants
- Royals Sweep Weekend Series Versus Blazers - Victoria Royals
- Chiefs Fall Short against Silvertips, 5-2 - Spokane Chiefs
- Winterhawks Slip Past T-Birds - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Kelowna (2) at Vancouver (3) - Kelowna Rockets
- Game Recap: Overagers Lead Raiders To Win Over Warriors (Raiders 4, Warriors 3) - Prince Albert Raiders
- CALGARY HITMEN: Pats 8 Hitmen 2 - Calgary Hitmen
- Prince George Cougars Game Recap: Spokane 6 Cougars 2 - Prince George Cougars
- Royals Victorious against Blazers - Victoria Royals
- Kelowna(6) at Seattle(2) - Kelowna Rockets
- Brkin Stands Tall in Debut as Chiefs Beat Cougars - Spokane Chiefs
- Game Recap: Raiders 0, Broncos 4 - Prince Albert Raiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.