Game Preview: Kitchener Rangers at Guelph Storm
The Guelph Storm welcome the Kitchener Rangers to the Sleeman Centre on Sunday January 5th as they face-off for the 5th time this season at 2:00pm.
Get tickets to Kitchener at Guelph
Guelph wraps up their 3in3 weekend against the Kitchener Rangers after their win on Friday against the Peterborough Petes and their loss on Saturday against the Owen Sound Attack.
The Kitchener Rangers also finish their 3in3 weekend on Sunday after a win against the Saginaw Spirit on Friday night and an overtime loss against the Niagara Ice Dogs on Saturday evening.
Heading into Sunday's matchup the Guelph Storm are in 2nd place in the Western Conference with 49 points while the Kitchener Rangers are in 5th in the Western Conference with 47 points.
HEAD TO HEAD
2019-20 Regular Season
KIT 2-2-0-0 GUE 2-2-0-0
2018-19 Regular Season
KIT 4-4-0-0 GUE 4-3-1-0
Last Five Years
KIT 24-11-1-0 GUE 12-21-3-0
Last Five Years At Kitchener Rangers
KIT 13-6-0-0 GUE 6-12-1-0
Last Five Years At Guelph Storm
KIT 11-5-1-0 GUE 6-9-2-0
LAST 5 GAMES
Kitchener Rangers Guelph Storm
Season Record 21-11-3-2 22-9-1-4
Last 10 Games 8-1-1-0 5-4-0-1
Streak 0-0-1-0 0-1-0-0
Last Game 7-6 L @ Niagara (2020-01-04) Final 7-5 L @ Owen Sound (2020-01-04) Final
Home Record 13-5-1-0 13-4-1-1
Away Record 8-6-2-2 9-5-0-3
Goals For 139 130
Goals Against 122 103
Power Plays 33/142 (23.24%) 28/137 (20.44%)
Power Plays - Home 15/75 (20%) 11/75 (14.67%)
Power Plays - Away 18/67 (26.87%) 17/62 (27.42%)
Penalty Killing 32/151 (21.19%) 24/128 (18.75%)
Penalty Killing - Home 14/67 (79.1%) 11/66 (83.33%)
Penalty Killing - Away 18/84 (78.57%) 13/62 (79.03%)
Leading Rookie Pinelli (11-9-20) Bakanov (7-8-15)
Most Penalty Minutes Jonathan Yantsis Jacob Roach
Team PIM/GM 12.2/37 8.8/36
Players to Watch
Guelph Storm - Jacob Roach
Jacob has enjoyed a good first half to his rookie season with the Guelph Storm thus far, as he has scored 7 goals and 14 points in the opening half of the season. Drafted by the Sudbury Wolves in 2016, Jacob has been one of the hardest working players for the Storm this season and has been a welcome surprise for Guelph this year.
Kitchener Rangers - Jonathan Yantsis
Jonathan had a stellar season last year for the Rangers after scoring 50 goals and 73 points before adding another 2 goals in 4 playoff games. This season, Yantsis has 27 goals already and is on pace to finish around 50 goals again this year.
The Storm will head out of town next week for their games as they visit Ottawa on Friday January 10th at 7:00pm and head to Kingston on Saturday January 11th.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from January 5, 2020
- Spirit Earn Fifth Straight Victory at the Dow Event Center in 5-3 Win over Sting - Saginaw Spirit
- Firebirds' Dellandrea Wins Gold with Canada at 2020 World Juniors - Flint Firebirds
- Spitfires Secure OT Victory - North Bay Battalion
- Aidan Dudas and Alan Letang Win Gold at World Juniors - Owen Sound Attack
- Canade's Hat-Trick Leads Steelheads Offensive Burst - Mississauga Steelheads
- Murphy Records 40 Saves, 67's Blank Otters 5-0 - Erie Otters
- 67's Stretch Their Franchise Record with Sixteenth Consecutive Win - Ottawa 67's
- Nurse Hat-Trick Highlights Bulldogs 8-2 Win Over Niagara - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Rangers Edge the Storm, 2-1 - Kitchener Rangers
- IceDogs Close out Weekend with Loss to the Bulldogs - Niagara IceDogs
- Knights Ground Firebirds in OT - London Knights
- Game Day Preview: Spirit Look to Continue Home Success against Sarnia - Saginaw Spirit
- Sting Fall to the Greyhounds 4-2 in the Soo - Sarnia Sting
- Game Preview: Kitchener Rangers at Guelph Storm - Guelph Storm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.