Game Preview: Gens Close out Regular Season Tonight at Home vs. Wolves at 6:05pm
The Generals conclude their regular season tonight at the Tribute Communities Centre with a matchup against the Sudbury Wolves. Coming off two big wins over the Kingston Frontenacs this week, the Gens enter the game with a 43-20-4-0 record on the season. With the last contest before playoffs, the Gens will look for a victory at home to head into the post-season with momentum.
Oshawa's matchup with Sudbury tonight will mark the fourth and final time that the two clubs will go head to head this season. So far in the season series, the Wolves have the edge over the Gens with two wins and one shootout loss, with their last meeting resulting in a 5-4 win for Sudbury. The Gens will aim for revenge tonight and to grab the last two points before playoffs.
With the Gens putting together plenty of wins down the stretch for a 7-2-1-0 record in their last ten contests, the team sits at 86 points in 65 games on the season. They currently hold second place in their division and fourth place in the eastern conference only one point behind the third place Sudbury Wolves. Meanwhile, the Kingston Frontenacs remain at the bottom of the east with a season record of 14-49-1-1. With both teams coming off shutout losses in their last contest, expect each to come out hungry for an early first goal tonight.
In the final week of the regular season, two Gens to keep an eye on include the team's leading point producer Brandon Saigeonand the leading goal scorer Anthony Salinitri. Since arriving in Oshawa in January, Saigeon has been one of the team's top producers with a point-per-game at 25 points through 25 games in a Gens jersey. His incredible 88 points on the season puts him in 12th in the OHL for scoring and first on the Gens. Salinitri isn't far behind Saigeon, claiming the 13th spot in OHL scoring with 85 points including an amazing 45 goals in 65 games. With three games remaining, look for each forward to finish off the regular season strong and continue to add to their impressive numbers.
Join us at the Tribute Communities Centre tonight for the 6:05pm puck drop to watch the Gens as they close the regular season against the Sudbury Wolves! After tonight, the team will head into post-season action with tonight's contest helping to decide who they will face off against in the first round.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from March 17, 2019
- Wolves to Host Steelheads in Round One of Playoffs - Sudbury Wolves
- Petes to Face Oshawa Generals in Eastern Conference Quarter-Final - Peterborough Petes
- Gens Go on Scoring Binge in Finale - Oshawa Generals
- Steelheads Pull off Third Period Comeback to Top Colts 5-4 - Mississauga Steelheads
- First-Round Schedule Released - North Bay Battalion
- Niagara Wins Season Finale - North Bay Battalion
- Sting Beats Flint to End Regular Season - Sarnia Sting
- Lennox Makes Career-High 47 Saves in Regular Season Finale - Saginaw Spirit
- Steelheads Complete Comeback over Colts 5-4 - Barrie Colts
- 67's Close out Regular Season with 50th Win, Set New Franchise Points Record - Ottawa 67's
- IceDogs Secure Central Division Title and 2nd Seed with 8-3 Win over the Troops - Niagara IceDogs
- Award Winners Announced - North Bay Battalion
- 2019 Playoffs: Round One Details - Sarnia Sting
- Colts Find No Luck with 7-4 Loss against IceDogs - Barrie Colts
- Game Preview: Gens Close out Regular Season Tonight at Home vs. Wolves at 6:05pm - Oshawa Generals
- Preview: Spirit Wrap up Regular Season with Sunday Matinee in the Soo - Saginaw Spirit
- Knights Finish Atop Western Conference with Win over Saginaw - London Knights
- Petes Fall to Wolves in Regular Season Finale - Peterborough Petes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Oshawa Generals Stories
- Generals Show Tenacity in Seventh Straight Win
- Game Preview: Generals Looking to Extend Season Opening Win Streak to 7 against Saginaw Spirit at 6:05pm
- Generals Fend off Battalion to Win Their Fifth Consecutive to Start the Season
- Game Preview: Generals Look to Remain Undefeated against North Bay Battalion at Home in Friday's Matchup at 7:35pm
- Kyle MacLean Returned to Generals