Game Preview - Heat Play Home Doubleheader this Weekend at Farm Show Arena
Harrisburg Hosts Soles de Sonora From Mexico Saturday Evening The Harrisburg Heat of the Major Arena Soccer League (MASL) return home for two big games this weekend. On Saturday, the Heat host Soles de Sonora from Mexico at 7:05 P.M. On Sunday, the Heat play the Rochester Lancers at 5:05 P.M. Both games can be viewed on line at masltv.com.
The Heat are off to a good start this year with a 5-3 record. They currently sit in fourth place in the eight team Eastern Conference. The top four teams make the playoffs. The Harrisburg Heat are led in scoring by Dom Francis with 17 points including 15 goals and 2 assists. Daniel Villela and JJ Gibson each have 12 points this year for the Heat. Defensively, the Heat are holding teams to less than 5 goals per game. Elton de Oliveira and Dylan Hundelt lead the team with 18 and 7 blocks respectively. Goalkeeper William Banahene has an outstanding 3.20 goals against average.
Soles de Sonora comes into town riding a two game win streak and are currently in third place in the Western Conference. Soles de Sonora has traditionally been a power house team in the MASL. They advanced to the league finals in the 2015/2016 season and the 2016/2017 season.
The Heat are looking to continue the progress they made during the 2018/2019 season. With Head Coach Pat Healey at the helm, the Heat increased their wins by 83% last year as they finished with a 11-13 record. There was also significant improvement during the season last year as the Heat began with a 1-7 record in the first eight games of the year. Over the final sixteen games, the Heat won 10 games including two wins over the Baltimore Blast and wins against Utica City FC and the Milwaukee Wave. Milwaukee was the 2018/2019 champions of the Major Arena Soccer League and Baltimore and Utica were play-off teams last season.
For tickets, please go to www.harrisburgheat.com. For group discounts or more information, contact Kevin Healey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Discuss this story on the Major Arena Soccer League message board...
Major Arena Soccer League Stories from January 17, 2020
- Cal Express Fall Short in the 4th - Turlock Cal Express
- Orlando SeaWolves Travel Back to Lakeland on Sunday - Orlando SeaWolves
- St. Louis Ambush Defeat Utica City FC in Shootout - St. Louis Ambush
- City Stunned in St. Louis - Utica City FC
- Stars Announce Game Worn Jersey Auction - Tacoma Stars
- Ontario Fury Looking to End 5-Game Losing Streak - Ontario Fury
- The American Dream: Wall of Famer Sotile Gets his Wish and Then Some as a Lancer - Rochester Lancers
- Game Preview - Heat Play Home Doubleheader this Weekend at Farm Show Arena - Harrisburg Heat
- Lancers Will Feel the Heat One More Time on the Road this Sunday - Rochester Lancers
- Stars Host Ontario Saturday Night - Tacoma Stars
- Tropics Ink Veteran Defender Joshio "Yoshi" Sandoval from Orlando - Florida Tropics SC
- Wall of Fame Inductee: Jeremy Ortiz - Rochester Lancers
- Fury Fall to Flash in Fourth - Ontario Fury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.