Gamblers Open the 2020-2021 Season with a WIn
Matt Davis made 33 saves and Jackson Kunz tallied a pair of goals, including the game-winner to lead the Green Bay Gamblers to a 4-2 win in the team's home opener on Saturday at the Resch Center. Muskegon came out firing, grabbing a 2-0 lead. Rookie forward John Mittlestadt cut the lead in half at the 18:15 mark of the first period.
Kunz redirected a Michael Ferrandino shot from the right point to tie the game at 2-2 midway through the 2nd period (9:03). Kunz struck again in the opening minutes of the 3rd period (1:43) to give the Gamblers their first lead of the hockey game. Greg Spitznagel, who was making his USHL debut, upped the Gamblers lead to 4-2 midway through the 3rd (10:34). The two-goal cushion was more than enough for Davis, who made a number of highlight saves throughout the game. Offensively the Gamblers got a pair of assists from Cam Thiesing and Mason Lohrei, Kyler Grundy and Alex Servagno each added a helper in the win.
Green Bay returns to the Resch Center this weekend with a pair of games against the Youngstown Phantoms on Thursday and Saturday. Start time for both games, 7:05 PM. Tickets available at gamblershockey.com
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from November 7, 2020
- Musketeers Drop Season Opener - Sioux City Musketeers
- Gamblers Open the 2020-2021 Season with a WIn - Green Bay Gamblers
- Storm Begin Regular Season with Road Victory over Sioux City - Tri-City Storm
- Three Goal Third Proves Difference for Youngstown - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Storm Set to Open Regular Season against Musketeers - Tri-City Storm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.