Galaxy trade Kevin Hartman to Kansas City
CARSON, CA (Friday, December 15, 2006) - The Los Angeles Galaxy have acquired a natural second round picks for 2007 and 2008 MLS SuperDrafts from the Kansas City Wizards, the club announced today. In exchange, the Galaxy traded goalkeeper Kevin Hartman to the Wizards. Entering the 2007 MLS SuperDraft, the Galaxy now boast five of the top 25 picks, including the fifth, tenth, sixteenth, twentieth and twenty-third overall selections.
"This trade reflects our respect for Kevin Hartman and for all that he has done for the Galaxy organization, on and off the field," said L.A. Galaxy President and General Manager Alexi Lalas. "I want to personally thank him for his decade of service, and wish him well as he continues his career in Kansas City."
An integral member of all five Los Angeles Galaxy championship-winning teams, the 32-year-old Hartman helped lead the Galaxy to all three major titles in the region; the MLS Cup ('02 and '05), Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup ('01 and '05) and CONCACAF Champions Cup ('00).
A 6-0, 185-pound goalkeeper, Hartman has appeared in 243 games, facing 1,226 shots-on-goal with 903 saves in 21,735 minutes between the pipes. A three-time MLS All-Star ('99, '03 and '04), Hartman boasts the best all-time goals-against-average (GAA) of any goalkeeper in MLS with a 1.18 GAA, including 62 career shutouts.
A member of MLS' Best Eleven in 1999, he also boasts 116 wins, 85 losses and 39 ties during his career with the Galaxy. In 1999, the South Bay, CA native earned MLS Goalkeeper of the Year honors while registering a league-record 0.91 Goals-Against-Average GAA.
In the playoffs, Hartman owns a 21-13-4 (W-L-T) all-time record including a 1.20 GAA with 12 shutouts. In 39 playoff appearances, he has amassed 3,592 minutes with 10 saves on 147 shots on goal, including backstopping the club in four MLS Cup finals ('99, 01, '02, and '05).
The L.A. Galaxy are now accepting deposits for the 2007 season. A
non-refundable deposit of just $100 per seat secures your place for all
of the Galaxy's 2007 regular season games, plus great benefits including
exclusive events with the team, special season seat holder gifts, and
much more! Call 1-877-3GALAXY or visit www.lagalaxy.com
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from December 15, 2006
- Crew and SuperKick announce two-year partnership - Columbus Crew SC
- Wizards acquire goalkeeper Kevin Hartman - Sporting Kansas City
- Galaxy trade Kevin Hartman to Kansas City - LA Galaxy
- Chicago Fire Youth Development Program Update - Chicago Fire
- Galaxy acquire Nate Jaqua - LA Galaxy
- Rapids Acquire Eight Year MLS Veteran Defender Brandon Prideaux from D.C. - Colorado Rapids
- D.C. United trades Prideaux to Colorado for two SuperDraft picks - D.C. United
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent LA Galaxy Stories
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 0, Colorado Rapids 1 - Sunday, May 19, 2019
- LA Galaxy Forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic Suspended Two Games
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 0, NYCFC 2 - Saturday, May 11, 2019
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 1, Columbus Crew SC 3 - Wednesday, May 8, 2019
- LA Galaxy Partner with Copia to Manage Food Waste at Dignity Health Sports Park