Galaxy acquire 2006 MLS SuperDraft pick from CD Chivas USA
CARSON, CA (Friday, March 11, 2005) - The Los Angeles Galaxy have acquired a conditional 2006 MLS SuperDraft pick from CD Chivas USA, the club announced today. In return, the Galaxy traded the rights to defender Ryan Suarez to Chivas USA.
"On behalf of the club, we want to thank Ryan for his contributions to the Galaxy and wish a player that was a very productive for us all the best as he continues his MLS career," said Galaxy President and General Manager Doug Hamilton. "Truth be told, we were unable to come to terms with Ryan in the off season and based on his decision to pursue his options abroad, we were forced to make certain player decisions that now make including him in our side very difficult."
In his four-year MLS career, the native of Roseville, California has appeared in a total of 85 games - 83 of them starts - with 13 points on four goals and five assists. A 27-year-old defender, Suarez has played in 41 games for the Galaxy between 2003-2004. He logged a total of 3,410 minutes - earning him a place in the Galaxy backline. In addition, the Galaxy defender recorded six blocked shots in 2004, placing him among the leaders in MLS - including two crucial blocks in 1-0 win at Chicago on June 27.
Suarez spent the first two and a half years of his professional tenure with the FC Dallas (formerly the Dallas Burn) before being traded to the Galaxy mid-way through the 2003 campaign. While with Dallas in 2001, the graduate of San Jose State University was a finalist for the MLS Rookie of the Year Award.
The Los Angeles Galaxy are pleased to once again offer fans "The Best Seats in the House" at The Home Depot Center. For the Galaxy's first two home games in 2005 (April 9 vs. Real Salt Lake and April 23 vs. CD Chivas USA), the club will be selling 100 seats along one touchline on a first-come, first-served basis. Each ticket costs $150 per game and includes the actual chair the fan sits in. For more information on "The Best Seats in the House" or to purchase tickets, call the Galaxy Ticket Office toll-free at 1-877-3GALAXY.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 11, 2005
- Galaxy acquire 2006 MLS SuperDraft pick from CD Chivas USA - Los Angeles Galaxy
- MetroStars Youri Djorkaeff sidelined 4-6 weeks with hamstring injury - New York Red Bulls
- MetroStars present England vs. Colombia in doubleheader May 31 - New York Red Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles Galaxy Stories
- LA Galaxy Forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic Wins 2018 AT&T Goal of the Year
- LA Galaxy Forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic Named MLS Newcomer of the Year
- LA Galaxy Forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic Named to 2018 MLS Best XI
- LA Galaxy Forward Ola Kamara Called up for International Duty
- LA Galaxy Midfielder Sebastian Lletget Called up to U.S. Men's National Team