Fury Unable to Withstand Blast Attack, Lose 8-5
The Ontario Fury, Driven by Mark Christopher Chevrolet, could not stop the Baltimore Blast power play as they fell to the defending Ron Newman Cup champions 8-5 before a sold-out crowd of 3,800 people at the SECU Arena in Towson, Maryland.
Ontario actually led 2-1 early in the second quarter when Andy Reyes scored 17 seconds into the period off a feed from Douglas Lima. But the Blast quickly countered. Israel Sesay was whistled for tripping, and was ruled to be the last man from behind, setting up a shootout penalty. Tony Donatelli took the shootout, and he slotted a shot past Jose Miranda to tie the game.
Donatelli ended the night with three goals, as did his Baltimore teammate Vinicius Dantas. Baltimore led 4-3 at the half, and it was Dantas doing the damage for the Blast in the second half, as he scored Baltimore's first two goals of the third period, scoring twice within 1:03 of each other. Juan Carlos Gonzalez scored twice for the Fury, while Francisco Cordeiro and Maicon de Abreu each had two assists.
There's no time for the Fury to rest, as they finish off their five-game road trip Saturday night against the Harrisburg Heat. It will be the second time the two teams meet during this road trip, with Harrisburg winning the first matchup 7-6.
• Discuss this story on the Major Arena Soccer League message board...
Major Arena Soccer League Stories from December 12, 2017
- San Diego Sockers & Sockers 2 - San Diego Sockers
- Fury Lose to El Paso in Closing Minute - Ontario Fury
- Blast Defeat Florida 10-1 - Baltimore Blast
- San Diego Sockers 2 Media Release - San Diego 2 Powers Past Ontario - San Diego Sockers
- Mke Wave Defeat Tacoma Stars; Stay Undefeated. - Milwaukee Wave
- Game 6 Recap - Brownsville Barracudas
- Sesay's OT Goal Helps Fury Cool Heat - Ontario Fury
- Blast Edge Ambush, 5-4 - Baltimore Blast
- Baltimore Wins in Final Minutes of Game - St. Louis Ambush
- Heat Cool off Ambush - St. Louis Ambush
- Mke Wave Defeat Rival Kansas City Comets. - Milwaukee Wave
- SOCKERS SQUEAK PAST STARS, 4-3. - Tacoma Stars
- Fury Unable to Withstand Blast Attack, Lose 8-5 - Ontario Fury
- Silver Knights Topple Tropics 6-5 - Syracuse Silver Knights
- Blast Defeat Fury 8-5 - Baltimore Blast
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.