Fuel Extend Qualifying Offers to Seven Players
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indy Fuel, proud ECHL affiliate of the National Hockey League's Chicago Blackhawks and the American Hockey League's Rockford IceHogs, have tendered qualifying offers to seven players ahead of the 2019-20 ECHL season.
Receiving qualifying offers are Woody Hudson, Alex Brooks, Braden Hellems, Eric Schurhamer, Reggie Traccitto, Jordy Stallard, and Louis Belisle.
The Fuel have already signed forward Brendan Warren to an 2019-20 ECHL contract, and more signings will be announced over the coming weeks.
Per the ECHL, players who had already signed a contract by June 30 did not need to receive a qualifying offer.
Each team was entitled to reserve the rights to a maximum of eight qualified players. Of the eight qualified players, no more than four could be veterans (260 regular season professional hockey games played as of the start of the upcoming 2019-20 season). Players on open qualifying offers cannot be traded.
The qualifying offer must remain open for acceptance until July 16 at which time the qualifying offer becomes null and void and the team may sign the qualified player to any salary or may elect to take no further action. Teams that extend a valid qualifying offer to a non-veteran player shall retain the rights to that qualified player for one playing season.
A team that extends a valid qualifying offer to a veteran player, or to a goaltender who has played more than 180 regular-season games, will retain the rights to that player until July 16. After July 16, if the veteran player or goaltender is not signed to a contract by the team, the player shall be deemed a restricted free agent and shall be entitled to seek and secure offers of employment from other ECHL teams. Restricted free agents may not be traded. When a restricted free agent receives a contract offer from a team other than the team with the player's rights and the restricted free agent wishes to accept the contract offer, the restricted free agent and the offering member must, within 24 hours, notify the ECHL, the team with the player's rights and the Professional Hockey Players' Association. The member with the player's rights shall have seven days after the date it is notified to exercise its right to match the contract offer.
If a restricted free agent is not signed to either an offer sheet or a contract by an ECHL team by Aug. 1, the player shall be deemed an unrestricted free agent.
Ticket Plans for the Fuel's sixth season are now on sale! Lock up your seat for every second of the action in 2019-20 at Indiana Farmers Coliseum by heading to IndyFuelHockey.com or by calling the Fuel front office at 317-925-FUEL. Don't forget to follow the Fuel on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat (IndyFuel) for news, updates, contests and much more throughout the offseason.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from July 1, 2019
- Rush Issue Eight Qualifying Offers - Rapid City Rush
- Nailers Extend Qualifying Offers to Eight Players - Wheeling Nailers
- Utah Grizzlies Issue Qualifying Offers to Five Players - Utah Grizzlies
- Thunder Extend Qualifying Offers to Eight Players - Adirondack Thunder
- Royals Extend Qualifying Offers to Eight - Reading Royals
- Walleye Extend Qualifying Offers to Three - Toledo Walleye
- Former Royals D Nick Luukko Named Assistant Coach - Reading Royals
- Mavericks Extend Qualifying Offers to Eight Players - Kansas City Mavericks
- Cyclones Extend Qualifying Offers - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Swamp Rabbits Tender Qualifying Offers to Eight - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- ECHL Announces Players with Qualifying Offers - ECHL
- Steelheads Extend Qualifying Offers to Five Players - Idaho Steelheads
- Oilers Extend Qualifying Offers to Three - Tulsa Oilers
- Everblades Extend Qualifying Offers to Eight Players - Florida Everblades
- Thunder Extends Eight Qualifying Offers - Wichita Thunder
- Solar Bears Extend Qualifying Offers for 2019-20 Season - Orlando Solar Bears
- Fuel Extend Qualifying Offers to Seven Players - Indy Fuel
- Stingrays Announce Qualifying Offers - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mariners Issue Qualifying Offers to Six - Maine Mariners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.