Fuel Add Defenseman Andy Simpson
INDIANAPOLIS - A 5'11", 190 lb. native of St. Louis, Missouri, former Dartmouth College defenseman Andy Simpson signed his first professional contract with the Indy Fuel on Monday. In four varsity seasons at Dartmouth from 2011 to 2015, Simpson, a right-handed shooter, registered eight goals, 33 points and 53 penalty minutes in 109 career NCAA appearances for the Big Green, including one goal, seven points and 16 penalty minutes in 33 games played this season.
Prior to his collegiate career, Simpson tallied eight goals, 31 points and 22 penalty minutes in 104 appearances for the USHL's Cedar Rapids RoughRiders in two seasons with the junior club, from 2009 to 2011. Simpson will wear number six for the Fuel.
Next up for the Fuel, it's a Wednesday showdown vs. the Toledo Walleye with the opening faceoff set for 7:05 pm on "April Fool's Day" at Indiana Farmers Coliseum! Celebrate Nitro's penchant for shenanigans as the first 2,000 ticket holders through the gates will take home an Indy Fuel whoopee cushion! For tickets, visit any Ticketmaster outlet, www.Ticketmaster.com or swing by the Indiana Farmers Coliseum box office during regular business hours, Monday through Friday from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm.
Television coverage of Wednesday's game begins at 7:00 pm on HTSN with Fuel broadcaster Tony Brown providing the play-by-play and full radio coverage starts with the "Jose Cuervo Pregame Show" at 6:50 pm over the air on CBS Sports 1430 WXNT-AM, online at www.cbssports1430.com and on smartphones everywhere via the free "TuneIn" Radio app with Jim Mirabello on the call.
In 2014-15, the Indy Fuel, the proud "AA" affiliate of the NHL's Chicago Blackhawks and AHL's Rockford IceHogs, drop the puck on their first season in the ECHL. Season ticket packages for the Fuel's inaugural campaign are available now starting at just under $12 per game! To reserve your seats, contact the Fuel today at (317) 925-FUEL or visit www.indyfuelhockey.com for more information. Be sure to follow the Fuel on Twitter @IndyFuel and don't forget to 'Like' the official "Indy Fuel" fan page on Facebook.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 30, 2015
- Henry Returns from AHL; Sandlak Reassigned to Charlotte - Florida Everblades
- Reign Playoff Tickets on Sale this Week - Ontario Reign
- Bo Driscoll Returned to Knoxville Ice Bears - Evansville IceMen
- ECHL Transactions - March 30 - ECHL
- Fuel Weekly - Indy Fuel
- Regular Season Home Finales Friday, Saturday - Utah Grizzlies
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - Tulsa Oilers
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report - Wheeling Nailers
- Defenseman Maxim Lamarche Reassigned to Reading - Reading Royals
- Road Warriors Weekly Report - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Jackals Weekly - Elmira Jackals
- Walleye Weekly - Toledo Walleye
- Frozen in Time-The Weekly IceMen Update - Evansville IceMen
- Playoff races heating up as season enters home stretch - ECHL
- Cyclones Weekly - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Fuel Add Defenseman Andy Simpson - Indy Fuel
- Komets Snag Four Points for Week 24 - Fort Wayne Komets
- Stingrays Weekly: Stingrays Fight for Postseason Home-Ice Advantage with Tilts against Division Riva - South Carolina Stingrays
- Aces sweep Stockton to seize final playoff spot with six games left - Alaska Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.