Francis Wathier Called up to Dallas
CEDAR PARK, TX - The Texas Stars, proud American Hockey League affiliate of the Dallas Stars, announced today that Dallas has recalled forward Francis Wathier (pronounced WAH-tee-ay) from Texas.
Wathier, 28, has played in 44 games for Texas this season, where he has 14 points (2 goals, 12 assists) and ranks third on the team with 64 penalty minutes. Over the course of his AHL career, he has 170 points (80 goals, 90 assists) and 585 penalty minutes in 427 games. The St. Isidore, Ont. native has skated in nine NHL contests, most recently on Jan. 16, 2012 against the St. Louis Blues. The 6-foot-4, 210-pound forward was Dallas' sixth-round selection (185th overall) at the 2003 NHL Entry Draft.
The Dallas Stars faceoff against the Los Angeles Kings this Thursday, March 7 at Staples Center at 9:30 pm CT (TV: FOX Sports Southwest; Radio: 1310 The Ticket).
The Texas Stars continue their five-game home stand on Friday, March 8th when they battle against their division rivals the San Antonio Rampage for the first time in 41 days for a 7:00 p.m. faceoff at Cedar Park Center. Friday's game is another Texas Lottery Lucky Row Night, a $3 Beer Night and the Stars Team Poster Giveaway including a post-game autograph session with the entire team. Pro-rated full and partial 2012-13 season seat packages are on sale now. For more information on Texas Stars season tickets call (512) GO-STARS (467-8277) or visit www.TexasStarsHockey.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 6, 2013
- Monarchs Big Weal Keeps on Turning - Manchester Monarchs
- Admirals Earn Point in Comeback against Charlotte - Norfolk Admirals
- Gragnani's Overtime Goal Sinks Norfolk - Charlotte Checkers
- Monarchs Beat Sound Tigers 3-2 in Overtime - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Blackhawks Assign Bollig to Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- "Purple Community Game" Kicks off Busy Weekend for Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Falcons 'irish Night' Jerseys Go On The Auction Block Wednesday Night - Springfield Falcons
- Amerks Ready for First Three-In-Three Stretch of the Season this Weekend - Rochester Americans
- Toronto Marlies Weekly - Toronto Marlies
- Coyotes Sign Defenseman Mathieu Brisebois to Entry-Level Contract - Portland Pirates
- Marlies Drop Crunch in Front of Sold out Crowd - Toronto Marlies
- Drazenovic, Dainton Rejoin Falcons - Springfield Falcons
- Crunch Fall to the Marlies 6-3 - Syracuse Crunch
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- Bears Release Forward Evan Barlow - Hershey Bears
- Flames Reassign Danny Taylor and Activate Mikka Kiprusoff from Injured Reserve - Abbotsford Heat
- Rangers Claim Defenseman Roman Hamrlik off Waivers - Connecticut Whale
- Wellwood Returned to ADK - Adirondack Phantoms
- Blues Sign Prospects Edmundson and Veilleux - Peoria Rivermen
- Francis Wathier Called up to Dallas - Texas Stars
- B-Sens Announce Roster Moves - Binghamton Senators
- Bartley Recalled by Predators - Milwaukee Admirals
- Amerks Recall Shawn Szydlowski from Fort Worth - Rochester Americans
- Blues Recall Goaltender Jake Allen - Peoria Rivermen
- Phantoms Weekly - Weekend Homestand - Adirondack Phantoms
- Heat Defeated by Bulldogs to Open Road Trip - Abbotsford Heat
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.