FOX Sports North to Air Select Lynx "Classic Games"
Minneapolis-St. Paul - In conjunction with FOX Sports North, the television home of the Minnesota Lynx, the Lynx today announced the network will televise eight classic Lynx games beginning Sunday, May 18, 2020 and ending Thursday, June 25, 2020.
Notable games from Minnesota's winningest franchise will be from the 2013 season through the 2018 campaign, including Maya Moore's buzzer beater to defeat the Indiana Fever in Game 3 of the 2015 WNBA Finals and the championship-clinching game of the 2017 Finals as the Lynx tied the Houston Comets for the most titles in league history.
All classic games will feature live social media commentary and participation by a variety of FOX Sports North on-air talent including Lynx play-by-play voice Marney Gellner and former Associate Head Coach and current Timberwolves color analyst Jim Petersen. Head Coach and General Manager Cheryl Reeve, former Lynx great Lindsay Whalen and other current and former players, season ticket members will provide first-hand perspectives after living those moments.
The full schedule of games is below:
Day Date Time Original Air Date Match-Up / Description
Sun 5/17/20 6:00 PM 9/4/2013 Lindsay Whalen's career-high 14 assists, Lynx vs Sparks
Sun 5/24/20 6:00 PM 9/27/2015 Maya Moore scores franchise-record 40 points, Lynx vs Mercury
Tues 5/26/20 7:00 PM 8/18/2017 Largest win margin (59 points) in franchise history, Lynx vs Fever
Sun 5/31/20 6:00 PM 5/23/2018 Sylvia Fowles posts first 20/20 game in Lynx history, Lynx vs Wings
Sun 6/7/20 6:00 PM 7/22/2014 Maya Moore sets franchise record with 48 points, Lynx vs Dream
Sat 6/13/20 7:00 PM 9/17/2016 Lynx franchise-best 28th win, Lynx vs Dream
Sun 6/21/20 6:00 PM 10/9/2015 2015 WNBA Finals Game 3: Maya Moore buzzer-beater, Lynx vs Fever
Thurs 6/25/20 7:00 PM 10/4/2017 2017 WNBA Finals Game 5: Sylvia Fowles MVP, Lynx vs Sparks
All games will stream live on FOX Sports GO - available via the FOX Sports GO app, which can be downloaded from iTunes, Google Play, Amazon App Store and Windows Store. Streaming is also now available on several connected devices, including Apple TV, Android TV, FireTV, Roku, Chromecast and Xbox One.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from May 15, 2020
- Las Vegas Aces Re-Sign Guard Kelsey Plum - Las Vegas Aces
- FOX Sports North to Air Select Lynx "Classic Games" - Minnesota Lynx
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Minnesota Lynx Stories
- Minnesota Timberwolves and Lynx Release Second Episode of Social Justice Content Series "Voices"
- Minnesota Timberwolves and Lynx Participate in Team up for Change Virtual Summit
- Statement from Minnesota Timberwolves & Lynx Owner Glen Taylor on the Passing of Sid Hartman
- Lynx FastBreak Foundation to Raise Funds for Breast Health Awareness
- Minnesota Timberwolves and Lynx Host Third Pack the Vote Registration Event