Fourth Quarter Rally Comes Too Late for Ontario Fury
The Ontario Fury, Driven by Mark Christopher Chevrolet, scored five goals in the fourth quarter, but it was too late, as they fell to the El Paso Coyotes 10-8 Friday night at the El Paso County Coliseum.
Despite the loss, Ontario remains a half-game ahead of the Tacoma Stars for the final playoff spot in the Pacific Division with three games to play. The Fury and Stars will play each other twice more, beginning Thursday night at Citizens Business Bank Arena. Tacoma has played one fewer game than the Fury.
Ontario took leads of 1-0 and 2-1 Friday night, playing less than 24 hours after losing to undefeated Monterrey on Thursday night in Ontario. The team, which met at the airport at 4 a.m., struggled after that, taking two too many men on the field penalties that led to El Paso goals.
Adrien Perez and Maicon de Abreu each had a pair of goals for the Fury, while three players had a goal and assist in the game. Starting goaltender Claysson de Lima got the loss, giving up six goals in 42 minutes of action before ceding the goal to Jose Miranda. Christian Gutierrez had three goals to lead El Paso.
The Fury starts a crucial two-game stretch when they host the Tacoma Stars at 7 p.m. Thursday at Citizens Business Bank Arena. Tickets for the game are on sale at the Citizens Business Bank Arena box office, online at Ticketmaster.com or through the Fury's offices by calling 909-457-0252.
Thursday's game will also include a celebration of the Fury's fifth season, with special events and surprises.
• Discuss this story on the Major Arena Soccer League message board...
Major Arena Soccer League Stories from February 10, 2018
- Cedar Rapids Beats Ambush in Overtime - St. Louis Ambush
- Sandoval's Goal Gives Rampage Dramatic 8-7 OT Win - Cedar Rapids Rampage
- Division Champions Host Sonora in Possible Battle for Home Field Advantage - San Diego Sockers
- Wave Drops First of Three in Baltimore Series; Rematch Next Saturday Night - Milwaukee Wave
- Blast Defeat Wave 6-5; Clinch a Playoff Spot - Baltimore Blast
- Fourth Quarter Rally Comes Too Late for Ontario Fury - Ontario Fury
- Sockers Clinch Pacific Division Championship with 10-3 Victory over Tacoma - San Diego Sockers
- Kansas City Comets Streak Snapped - Kansas City Comets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.