Four FC Cincinnati Players Called up to Respective National Teams
CINCINNATI - Four FC Cincinnati players were called up to represent their respective national teams for matches during the upcoming FIFA window that starts on Monday, Nov. 11. Allan Cruz and Kendall Waston have been called in to Costa Rica, Alvas Powell has been called in to Jamaica and Derrick Etienne Jr. has been called in to Haiti. Costa Rica and Jamaica will compete in a pair of Concacaf Nations League group stage matches, while Haiti will play its final Concacaf Nations League group stage match.
Cruz has earned 17 caps and has scored two goals for Costa Rica. The midfielder most recently played for Costa Rica during the side's two Concacaf Nations League matches against Haiti and Curaçao in the October window. With FC Cincinnati in 2019, Cruz scored seven goals and added one assist in 22 appearances.
Waston has earned 39 caps and has scored six goals for Costa Rica. FC Cincinnati's captain played all 180 minutes for Costa Rica in their two Concacaf Nations League matches in October. With FC Cincinnati in 2019, Waston made 25 appearances, including 24 starts, and scored one goal.
Powell has earned 47 caps and has scored two goals for Jamaica. The right back started both of Jamaica's matches in the October window when the Reggae Boyz played Aruba in consecutive fixtures. With FC Cincinnati in 2019, Powell made 13 appearances, including 10 starts.
Etienne has earned 20 caps and has scored three goals for Haiti. The winger's most recent appearance for Les Grenadiers came as a second-half substitute in a Concacaf Nations League match against Costa Rica on Oct. 10. With FC Cincinnati in 2019, Etienne made five appearances, including two starts.
Costa Rica will first play on Thursday, Nov. 14, when it travels to play Curaçao at the Ergilio Hato Stadium in Willemstad, Curaçao. The Ticos will be back in action three days later when they play Haiti on Sunday, Nov. 17 at Estadio Ricardo Saprissa AymÃ¡ in San José, Costa Rica.
The Reggae Boyz will play their first contest on Friday, Nov. 15, when they are on the road to play Antigua and Barbuda at the Sir Vivian Richards Stadium in North Sound, Antigua, Antigua and Barbuda. Jamaica will then return home for a match against Guyana on Monday, Nov. 18 at the Montego Bay Sports Complex in Montego Bay, Jamaica.
Haiti will play its lone match against Costa Rica on Sunday, Nov. 17 at Estadio Ricardo Saprissa AymÃ¡ in San José, Costa Rica.
FC Cincinnati will return to the field in early 2020 for their second MLS season. Season Ticket Memberships for the 2020 season are now on sale to the general public at fccincinnati.com/tickets or by calling 513-977-5425 (KICK). A 2020 Season Ticket Membership also secures fans' place on the club's priority list, which will be utilized when sales begin in the new West End Stadium for the 2021 season.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 8, 2019
- New York Red Bulls Announce 2019 Team Awards - New York Red Bulls
- Four FC Cincinnati Players Called up to Respective National Teams - FC Cincinnati
- Luis Diaz and Eloy Room Receive International Call-Ups - Columbus Crew SC
- Chicago Fire's Micheal Azira, Francisco Calvo and Elliot Collier Called up to National Teams for Upcoming November Matches - Chicago Fire
- Samuel Piette Selected by the Canadian National Team - Montreal Impact
- Revolution Sign Midfielder Damian Rivera as a Homegrown Player - New England Revolution
- Minnesota United Restructures Portion of Sporting Department - Minnesota United FC
- New York City FC and Head Coach Domenec Torrent Mutually Agree to Part Ways - New York City FC
- Vassili Cremanzidis Issues Statement on the Ottawa Fury Suspending Activities - Montreal Impact
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Cincinnati Stories
- Minnesota United FC Tops FC Cincinnati 1-0
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: October 19, 2020
- D.C. United Defeats FC Cincinnati 2-1
- Nick Hagglund's game-winning goal lifts the Orange and Blue over Columbus
- FC Cincinnati Sign Goalkeeper Beckham Sunderland as a Homegrown Player